Fully Electric Vehicles

A charger that will work 5 minutes ( or short periods), will require a change in battery design. Its going to happen but we are 30 years away, when EVs become mainstream.

We modernised, as did the rest of the world… That’s why they are called international units

If you are standing at a kiosk, and I ask you the length of a packet of milk, you will have to look for a ruler to give me the measurement in centimeters. Yet someone using inches will give you the measurement right there. An inch is (approx) the length of your thumb to the first bend.
Talk about modernization. It was never meant to impede practicality.

Good luck swapping Tesla batteries that are under the seats and sealed for leakage

Don’t forget the weight. 600kg+ total weight.

No I find it hard to use inches and feet, hiyo ni mazoea yako tu …

Of course if you have never trained on it, you can’t use it.

That’s now, sooner or later some bright chap will make a compact batteries that can be swapped na ikue na terminals kama za simu. Even Tesla might have working models on this but because they want more money, they might unveil it later ndio watu wanunue magari zingine. Happens in all technology fields… withholding tech so that later people can upgrade

2017 Nissan Note E power…uses this technology

Ironical how lithium mining causes more environmental degradation than petroleum fumes…

Petrol is here to stay. Even 1 drop of petrol is maaaagically powerful. Can’t say so for batteries.

Of course fosil fuels are here to stay , but stop comparing charging time with fueling at a petrol station. Its one of the disadvantages of EVs but that problem can be solved by swapable batteries and having a dedicated ev charnging lanes along the highway and long range batteries. If i get an ev that can go for 1000km then I don’t mind charging it for 12hrs or more while resting

To charge a tesla you need a 5kw charger for 5hrs. That is 25kWh of power. Hio ni token ya pesa ngapi?

Are electric vehicles really environmentally friendly. The mining for lithium and other minerals leaves deep craters in the earth which is a form of degredation in itself.