Forget about buying alcohol in supermarkets, wines and spirits... Wameanza na Nyandarua County

Deputy President, Rigathi Gachagua, has this morning met MCAs from Nyandarua following the county’s enactment of the Alcoholic Drinks Control Bill, 2023.

The new legislation provides:

1. Every sub-county will have an Alcoholic Drinks Regulation Committee which will receive & vet applications for retail & wholesale licence. It will file quarterly reports on applications received, vetted & recommended for approval to the County Alcoholic Drinks Regulation & Management Committee

2. No one shall manufacture, produce, sell, distribute or dispose Alcoholic beverage within the county without a licence issued in accordance with the Act. Failure to abide by this & the fine is up to Kes 30k or a sentence not exceeding 4 months

3. A person who intends to produce, manufacture or distribute any alcoholic drinks or to operate an establishment selling alcoholic drinks in the county shall make an application in writing to the management committee

4. Within 21 days of application for a licence, the sub-county Committee will prepare a notice setting for the names of all applicants, types of licences applied for, the premises in respect of which the licences are applied. This will be displayed at the Office of the Deputy County Commissioner & and any person can lodge a complaint against an application.

5. Management Committee SHALL NOT grant licence for the sale of alcoholic drinks to a supermarket or such other retail chain & a restaurant. No licence shall be granted for sale of alcoholic drinks in an off-licence retail outlet commonly referred to as wines & spirits

If this law is replicated across counties, it will be total chaos!!

1 Like

Sasa unataka kulia pombe imekujiwo

4 Likes

You IDIOT, you camp in every thread I post to comment nonsense. You look for my attention like a dog on heat. Huchoki and I never engage you…

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Tuliza maumivu kaka. @Ngimanene-Na-matharo has a way of getting into your nerves bila kuachilia akikuamulia. Usiweke kwa roho. Uliza @digi aliitwa kihii ya manispaa mara ngapi.

9 Likes

Ni vile i find it chidlish for someone to camp on every thread to comment ujinga while desperately looking for chokosh wars… Actually, I have always ignored the fool since I joined Ktalk… And the fool never posts any thread to spark debate , Kazi ni chokosh wars that utoto

2 Likes

Pereka ulevi bali jigaaaaaa

3 Likes

Every action has a reaction. The county government should be ready for the reaction(socially and economically).

2 Likes

So I can’t walk into naivas liquor store to buy my mzinga, I atleast somehow trust theirs o er that sold in wines n spirits?

3 Likes

So watu sasa wakunywe changaa?

Ingiza yeye moshakwe kwa kinyambes awache kukufwatafwata kama doggie imenyonji.Back to the topic,been checking out best lady’s business model by visiting their retail outlets which are as busy as hell.Next level of investment that am looking at is cosmetics retail.Their branch at Ronald Ngala street has a liquor store just at the entrance and is equally busy.Found this quite wierd considering tbe two businesses require different licences.Gachietha akikataa pombe iuzwo kwa supermarket itauzwo kwa duka ya cosmetics.

3 Likes

The jamaa actually has a factory for making spirits. I was making fun that emekula pesa za wamama(women) Sasa anataka za wazee(men)

2 Likes

Unaingia huko kutafuta miadi ukarange kipara

2 Likes

Arnold Schwarzenegger Weed GIF
Sisi tuko tu sawa🙂

He is the same idiot that doxxed me last year and then went posting my email address all over klist

Bangi is worse

Mbitika niaje

1 Like

Ghaseer naona bado uko uhai

Nimalisiee iyo alcohol addict mkuu…kanyanga makende kabisa

I’m not mbitika. I’m Zane. Formerly Uzo

1 Like

[quote=“Moxmox, post:19, topic:469296”]
…or someone to camp on every thread to comment ujinga while desperately looking for chokosh wars… Actually, I have always ignored the fool since I joined Ktalk… And the fool never posts any thread to spark debate , Kazi ni chokosh wars that utoto
He is the same idiot that doxxed me last year and then went posting my email address all over klist
Mbitika niaje

I’m not mbitika. I’m Zane. Formerly Uzo
[/quote
Iza man