First Impressions of the European on Giriama/ Mijikenda

Hizi tabia na stereotypes zilianza kitambo sana…
I wonder how long it would have taken Africans to invent things like computers or rockets to take them to the moon if we had been left alone…

We are talking about a people who had not started using the wheel a 5,000 year technology that was probably the most important human invention.

Did we need wheels? Donkeys were a more environmentally friendly and sustainable way to transport goods and could access even very difficult terrain. Even today our people in the rural areas have been told to abandon this efficient form of transport (the donkey) ndio they adopt boda bodas to keep the capitalists happy. So whereas a rural family was spending zero to transport their produce to the market via the donkey, or to fetch water, now they have to spend cash on bodas daily which leaves them poorer.

Take your donkey garbage from my mentions . If you don’t know how much of a turning point the wheel was in human civilization, rudi shule.

Degree muhimu sana

Kagege, you need to think holistically, look at things in 3D. Hapa muranga did my forefathers need wheels? Wasnt the 4x4 donkey a better choice to move goods across the valleys and ridges?

Take your donkey garbage from my mentions . If you don’t know how much of a turning point the wheel was in human civilization, rudi shule.

Degree muhimu sana

But the giriama and other coastals were exposed to “the wheel” via their interactions with the portuguese, arabs, chinese etc for ages. So if they were not using your stupid wheel “5000yrs after its invention”, it was purely by choice.

Chakama area ndiyo shakahola iko saa hii.

So previously the area was inhabited?

North of sabaki,the only densely populated areas are marafa fundisa and the salt works.

Chakama,hadu,kamale,Ramada,are sparsely populated nowadays.

This is what beberus did to virtually all communities. They wanted slaves, not self-sufficient natives.

The people died from starvation and restrictions on economic activity