Finally nitaona hii hekaya coming to life,

Mombasa, being what it is, the most important entry point to East and Central Africa, should have had these infrastructure since like ten years ago! It would not be over-ambitious to imagine an over-pass that runs from Changamwe roundabout to land at Makande. The Changamwe to Miritini section of the Mombasa Nairobi highway should be a dual roadway as a matter of necessity.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, the whole highway should be dualled, SGR notwithstanding.

3 Likes

my guess ni itakua pale Alldina on island side to Tamarind on Nyali side. Lets wait for tomorrow and see

1 Like

Actually, the whole highway should be dualled, SGR notwithstanding.
[/QUOTE]

Indeed! The dual carriage way should have come before the SGR!

1 Like

I just shake my head in disgust when Kenyans are experts in everything.:cool::cool:

Pity!

Common sense will trump expertise any day, especially when the experts are only experts by name.

2 Likes

Why would anyone think of building a bridge at Nyali when kibarani is pure chaos everyday and likoni ferry as unreliable as is

1 Like

Msa -Malindi route is similarly chaotic and it is an important route to North Coast.

Anyone who knows Mombasa knows kibarani is the only link between the port in the island and the mainland and also the only link to the international airport. Almost all of kenyas import economy passes through kibarani going westwards towards Nairobi. I would say this route from makupa causeway to mariakani was always way important than even Thika road

3 Likes

True. I think all major roads entering and exiting Mombasa island should be expanded considering it is a major port city that serves about six-seven countries.

@burjmann how many hrs does it take from town to miritini.

You don wanna know. I use to live in Miritini…nilikuwa nalala na dream part one,kutoka tao to Changamwe,part two to Jomvu part three namalizia mwisho wa stage. Uzuri ilikuwa juu crew ni ile ile day in day out,nilikuwa naamshwa gari ukifika stage yangu…

3 Likes