Exporting French Beans

Nope …si plot ni yake ajijengee green houses kivyake na zake bila kuogopa:D
ni biz kama kujenga flats ama mall …any can make it or go down…
mimi sijawai deal na wakora my fren…mara mob naendanga solo ama partnership na beshte

Kunguni is Chwarni
Kudni is a worm

If you are open to doing contract farming. I recommend lagran. They are flexible to the location of your farm if you are near Nairobi. They will send an agronomist to your farm who will do tests and advice you on what to grow. Their prices are very fair. What Lagran pays for your produce, and what independent farmers get hazijawachana mbali sana especially for herbs. If you get to do garlic or capsicum I think you even come out ahead.
One acre of capsicum, theoretically, should give you 900k hard cash every 90 days (but in farming, reality and theory are often worlds apart). Assuming you attain production goals and maintain product standards, though you may need more acres, to be able to properly manage your soil.

http://www.lagrangroup.com/

Asante Mkuu

Very useful info ndugu.

French beans huitaji lot of irrigation pale umma kuna water?

Why don’t you try sugarcane? Miwa moja ni 60bob.panda 1 million sugarcanes. Miwa hukomaa in 3 months so you can plant 4times a year. Hata usiuze 60, uza 50bob per piece. Thats 1M x 50 x 4. That’s cool 200M in 1yr. Vile kenya tuko 50M in population, hata unawezatenga 50M kando ugawie kila mkenya 1M uwe philanthropist

Good advice, I have some 3 acres in kajiado and thinking of this what’s your advice in terms of startup capital, for greenhouse, farm inputs and the likes, another question do you have a source I can get comprehensive information on this.

Variables ni mingi sana to give you a ball-park figure.
Itadepend on 3 things. Your DIY acumen, kutogongwa, and the quality of materials you opt for.
Wacha tu niseme DIY bila shortcuts mingi it won’t be cheaper than 1.5m.
If you want Lagran to do most things for you then possibly/probably more than 5m.
With 3 acres you have economies of scale almost forgiving you on the many mistakes you will make. But I would still not budget less than 3m.
At the minimum.
If you opt for varieties that do not need greenhouses then start up capital could drop.

Source ya comprehensive info. Do you want to DIY or do you want contract farming? Nimepeana website ya Lagran hapo juu. Talk to them, but kumbuka they will underquote your costs and overquote your possible income.

Sasa nani alikufunza hesabu…hata grade one student anajua 50*1,000,000=50,000,000
Toa ujinga tafadhali

plus i can guarantee miwa haina pesa

True, uhuru ametushaft vizuri. Just like tea.

Don’t know much but I feel you should get in an airplane, jipeleke kwa market na ujitafutie wateja.

Nikikuwa birrionea I will have several planes with refrigerated units nikuwe nawapelekea stuff zenyu majuu. Ukitaftia market I handle transportation ile that hauna wasiwasi.

I believe there should be a system where unauza stuff zinaenda haraka and you keep in touch with the customer.

Safer to go through brokers. Europe pia kuna corruption boss. Why risk your goods to remain stuck at the airport/seaport? Pesa bado ni mzuri even through brokers. Juu the European fools are overcharged for the produce. Ona Rewe Supermarket wanauza pilipili hoho at nearly 300 KES per kg
https://shop.rewe.de/p/paprika-rot-500g/1902921 Ukiingia herbs it’s even worse.

Fresh food and organic produce is “pricey” in European/ western world markets. “Pricey” is subjective. Whereas you may feel a European is overcharged, 3 Euro is not much money to them. Its factored into their salary. They actually feel mercy for a local famer having being paid ksh 30 for that veggie. And markups are 300%. By the time that product hits the shelf, transport, tax, storage are at ksh 100 per kg.

Wow. I’m embarrassed to see my choice of words on that day. The supermarket shelf price of capsicum in Germany has since gone up to 540 KES per kg. A Kenyan farmer selling to an exporter will sell at 80 KES per Kg. Which is a fair price. If you hit a production target of 15 t per acre you are looking at a gross income of KES 1.2m per acre for the farmer. From 3 months of hard and smart work. It’s a fair exchange.
Now if some super-entrepreneur had his own outlets in Europe and handled his own logistics… The gross revenues would be 8.1 m per acre this week.

Great responses. I didn’t even know anything about contract farming until I read this thread. Possibilities are immense with the idle land I see everywhere.

Na Mimi Niko na 1 acre pale kisii mashinani currently ni maize inapandwa anything profitable naeza shift to

Maize grown is for domestic use

When you say the capital outlay required is intensive, in raw figures that would be like how much, and what would it be covering? Cost ya green house, labour, etc?