Expensive Land/property

This bubble has been bursting since 2007. In other words, it’s probably not going to happen because as soon it attempts to burst, everyone who has been waiting will jump in like crazy sending those prices up again. Don’t forget there are foreign investors who manage pension schemes from Europe, others from the ME speculating on Kenya’s real estate. We’ve gone global.

A developer doesn’t see just a piece of land, he sees the ability to multiply that space upwards

Hii burble burst mmeimba since 1998

This answered why the bubble on land will take a long time before it bursts.

Bubble isn’t happening any soon, everywhere is developing and everyone just want to have that piece of paper, title deed, even if it’s a 8th

I know, lakini we are a country that is allergic to process. Yeah, i wonder if such amount was invested in commercial agriculture, or fund the construction of a passage train from Kenol to Nairobi, running alongside Nairobi Nyeri highway.

I can bet you 90% of buyers of bitcoin are well studied professionals who run most sectors of this economy, I doubt if the ordinary wanjiku anajua what bitcoin is

Spot on, I honestly also don’t know more about them plus lack of interest

My point is, wherever that money. To invest in Bitcoin is coming from, there’s more to invest in land.

Kenya tunakuwanga na a very strange relationship with land.

Ile siku bubble itaburst almost no one will expect it. The fact that so many are warning about it means that hakuna bubble. When something is expected it never happens.

If at all the bubble is there, then the burst is certain.

Seems like it is deflating slowly. Maybe it’s because the fuel it runs on (corruption, crime, and diaspora money) is still there. Buildings are already suffering low occupancy rates. It will probably burst when the people who normally invest in real estate stop it because they’ve imprisoned their money and can’t recoup it or take it out.

The Kenyan real estate market will soon collapse like the US market which almost led to the solvency of AON. Buying land in Kenya is a speculative risk.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/03/nyregion/03property.html

someone said the outering bypass will make plots in kangundo road and outskirts soar to millions just like thika rd, but venye naona with the bypass already completed and the jam back, that was a pipe dream

Many of the places where Outering road passes are already developed and have large numbers of people. E.g Mathare North, Kariobangi N&S, Huruma, Umoja, Pipeline, Donholm etc. Getting undeveloped plots in these areas si rahisi and those who own the remaining few won’t sell them easily.

Wishful thinking! In 10-20 years time, 50% of Kenya’s population will be forming new households, that’s about 20 million people. They need places to live, where will new land come from? Land within any 30-mile radius of CBD is already out of reach for most kenyans.
Furthermore, America is very different from Kenya because there’s no population pressure on land, except for major cities like NYC and San Francisco which are immune to bubbles.
In conclusion, acquiring ‘buroti maguta maguta’ is the best investment you can make in Kenya.

taxes, licences, employees, volatile markets, theft by employees coupled by quality of labour zote zinakuchenga my friend

He he,yaani unaogopa overheads za bizna

Bubbles don’t just burst because of lack of demand. They also burst if stuff is overpriced in the market. Bei zikishuka especially for those who bought the land/developments at inflated prices based on nothing but speculation wataumia.

plus stress
Instead people prefer some investments which will not take a toll on their health