Exciting News: Kijiji's Improved UI and Migration!

After months of anticipation, we are thrilled to announce that Kijiji has successfully migrated to a better user interface (UI). We apologize for any delays encountered during this process, but we assure you that we have arrived at our destination.

While we strive for a seamless transition, it is possible that you may experience one to three minor issues. However, our dedicated administrators are readily available to assist you in resolving any challenges you may encounter.

In the interest of account security, we recommend that you change your passwords. Additionally, we now offer the option of enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for those who desire enhanced security measures.

For Gmail users, we are delighted to introduce social logins, making it even more convenient for you to access the platform. Rest assured, we are actively working on expanding this feature to accommodate users with different email providers, and we anticipate having it fully operational within a few hours.

Navigating and interacting on the new forum is a breeze. Posting images and videos is now simpler than ever, just as we had previously promised. Moreover, we are excited to introduce a chat feature that enables seamless communication within the community.

We are eager to hear your feedback on the new UI and encourage you to explore its features. Your valuable insights will help us further enhance the platform and ensure a fantastic user experience for all.

Thank you for your patience and continued support as we embark on this exciting new chapter. Get ready to engage, connect, and enjoy the upgraded Kijiji experience!

7 Likes

Iko chonjo kabisa

6 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Admin I need a beer for this sheet

8 Likes

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Please, some of us have lost our bookmarks. We have also lost our account block lists. We need to know how these can be recovered, or steps to follow in order to reactivate them. As for the user experience, to me its just meh

9 Likes

Classic case of if it aint broke dont fix it.

21 Likes

I FULLY AGREE …
All these changes are totally unnecessary …
Why not just address any shortcommings of the previous format…

This new animal looks really crappy …

15 Likes

nice

2 Likes

Sad Feelings GIF

3 Likes

Please put a link for the old format,

Bro @administrator!

Hii tunatoa Christmas watu wa Nairobi na Diaspora akina @Aka_mpole ,

Wasija.

3 Likes

How do I get back my handle @mayekeke

3 Likes

Hii new UI will be your Achilles heel

4 Likes

You’ve missed the chance to chain replies to specific comments pretty much like Reddit does so that threads aren’t derailed. I believe that was the biggest quirk with Xenforo. For the few minutes I’ve been on here, I’ve also realized pressing back doesn’t quite take you back to the previous page/URL. It instead takes you back to, IDK, the list of top threads. This SPA functionality frankly sucks scummy balls in terms of navigation. You should have at least tried to emulate Reddit’s basics (the official app). I honestly hope this is a test run of the new interface and that you will act on the feedback you receive. A for effort, D for poor implementation. Is this Flarum by the way?

7 Likes

It’s called the King of All forums for a reason.

3 Likes

Unless you custom make your own, many forum software don’t have the Reddit like functionalities. But Discourse is the best and most people are using it. Including big tech companies.

1 Like

I’m not having this back-and-forth with you. It’s your website, have it your way.

3 Likes

Why do we have to reset passwords in order to access our accounts?!

And what happened to the User Levels?!

3 Likes

It is good practise and any tech guy will tell you that various platforms have different Password protocols. For instance some platforms demand that you use 8 characters etc while others don’t so trying to migrate passwords will break many things and even make the accounts insecure.

3 Likes