Every kenyan leader is selfish:The story of Dr. Ouma Oluga the sell-out

A very ignorant statement.
University admission in Kenya is guided by available slots and government financing, not individual capabilities.

A person with a B- is very capable of studying medicine and becoming a great doctor.
Most of the developed world with virtually unlimited slots for medical students have very low qualifications.

Here in Kenya, if the government can only pay for 1000 students, they put the qualification cut off at where the 1000 ends.

I’d refer you to the Musyimi Task force Report of 2011 that KMPDU facilitated/ midwifed as part of a return to work formula… Detailing overhaul of the entire health care system
But anyways… Acha tu

This is just mnyambo wa punda. Bring tangible evidence with details of data. The number of students admitted, those who dropped out, those who struggled to complete, those who completed successfully, the figures per institution etc.

Haven’t you picked up the signs already?
We have the best paperwork around. Start from the Constitution, TJRC, Kriegler Report, Session Paper no. 10, etc. But have they ever been implemented?
If the KMPDU was serious about implementing the overhaul of the system itself, they wouldn’t accept mere salary increments. The paperwork will be there to show guys “you know what, we were also on the side of overhauling the system but the government blah blah blah”

and i didnt say that a B- is not capable…my point was about the genuineness of such As whose owners obviously are the lot who joined medical school then

I cant provide what you have asked for, we fanya hivi if you ever meet a doctor ama a student currently in his final yrs muulize the number they started off with na waligraduate wangapi

Fighting for Kenyans especially the poor ones is a thankless job. Ask David Munyakei, Raila Odinga, Kenneth Matiba et al.

Not true. Compromise exists there too. Corruption in an invisible and insidious illness…with money…hehehehe…grades are available.

It is not thankless. Raila fights for Raila. As Did Matiba. Huyo Munyakei labda. Kenyans were grateful so sijui what you mean. In any case doing the right thing is it’s own reward ama?

true…thats why i am saying the dropping out scenario can happen fairly in a straightforward country

I am beginning to realise hakuna straightforward country…in this current age/time we have gotten so used to corruption that we have normalised it. In America the politicians are bribed to pass laws that favour corporates over people. In Kenya politicians just straight up ask to be bribed. Wote ni wakora. But as with all things. This time shall come to an end. Likely violently. Then we move to a better time. Watakaobaki.

The study of medicine (and associated health sciences) in Kenya, is mainly a function of rote learning. As longs as you are disciplined enough to study the course materials, attend ward rounds (clinical years), and remain humble during oral exams (soothes examiners ego) you can qualify to be a doctor. Hizo grades za high school count for nothing.

During the last KMPDU strike doctors went several months without a salary, some were fired and their union leaders jailed.
Yet here you are calling them selfish.
At some point one gives up the will to fight a broken system and concentrates on surviving

But brother, wasn’t their main grievance for the long strike, firings and arrests just increased salaries and allowances?
I have never seen the KMPDU approach the government and ask them to implement a system overhaul and they have never had a strike because of the same.

of course…and this is the point after which your saloz have been increased by more than 100 percent…i agree

@sani said it first. https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?threads/where-is-bagawire-dr-ouma-oluga-is-a-sellout.143672/

I’ve also never seen KNUT striking so that the government can build more schools or buy blackboards. Noone shits on them.
I wonder why KMPDU is held to such a high standard when unions exist for the benefit of their members

There is nothing wrong with what oluga has done. You as an individual should always come first.

I agree with you on Kenya’s unions.
The benefit of members does not necessarily mean the benefit of the nation.
KNUT has never complained of exam cheating. KNUT never raised a concern on the effectiveness of 8-4-4 system but were the first to complain when the CBC was being rolled out. They’re all the same. Selfishness, we’ve inherited a really bad behaviour.