Ethics of Blood Donation

They’re implying that a cervical cancer diagnosis requires a blood transfusion? That’s simply not true unless this cancer has spread to the point it needs surgical intervention and Catherine was anemic to start with. If their protocol is to have blood “on hold” prior to any major surgery, I can’t imagine that she would need more than 2-4 units max. Her immediate family members can donate this small amount. I once donated for someone who was scheduled for surgery, after the hospital made an emotional appeal. That person never required a blood transfusion and the hospital kept it in their reserves to sell it to the next customer. I got nothing in return because they took it under the guise of helping someone I cared about. It was not KNH, so I believe this is a widespread scam run by these hospitals.

The truth is that blood donation is not part of our culture (like in other first world countries) so if blood availability is such a huge problem, they need to be upfront with people, streamline the whole process instead of finessing them out of this precious commodity whenever a celebrity is in need. They use these emotional appeals for their own profit.

Who does the government turn to when there is a humanitarian crisis or emergency?
Kumbuka Westgate, Garissa, Famine in Kenya, Floods, collapsed buildings, bombed buildings…they have what the government doesn’t. Human resource and capacity.
Secondly, they are the largest humanitarian agency in the world…their budgets compete with or better than UN. UN itself turns to red cross. And therein lies their impunity… not necessarily organisational…but the individual actions sum up to the whole

I have never donated blood in my life. I won’t either unless it’s a person I know. Hizi NGO ni mikora

Watu wa O+ tukae wapi na sisi we donate daily kwa succubi mosquito.

Damu natoanga yangu nikiona kwa gazeti kuna mtu anataka.

Sisi kama blue bloods we love bloody mary O+ anytime, we approve your message.

Kang’ethe ulipunguza bhangi juu siku hizi u don’t post conspiracy theory ukiwa high as a kite.:D:D:D:D

The sea is getting high and atleast want to see a talking animal in my lifetime.

What happened to Blood donors who do it regularly (and are given the Donor’s card) being transfused for free in case they need it themselves??

You must be mentally ill to continue donating blood

Huyu mtu huwa mjinga sana. Na ukimuuliza evidence hakuna. If angejua the demand for blood far outweighs the supply angenyamaza tu.

Explain this you airhead: DCI probing how blood donated by Kenyans is illegally sold in Somalia .

Blood is big business
[MEDIA=telegram]JulianAssangeWiki/1159[/MEDIA]

Counties need to put up their own blood banks and stop reliance on Red Cross. Then a government national blood bank that is independent from the Red Cross. I am not saying that this will stop the guys from selling the blood to Somalia but I know it’d help

Only time i donated blood was in highschool. The incentive was mkate mzima na soda. Hahaha kila mtu alienda kupeanq damu. Even the skinny boney niggas. Some of them were too skinny wakafukuzwa kama chokoch. And then report comes back afew months later ati some blood samples had HIV so tujichunge kuna students probably hawajui wako nayo

[MEDIA=twitter]1590039112764903425[/MEDIA]