Egypt buyes 2 Aircraft carriers at EURO 1 billion each (KES113 BILLION)

These powerful Swiss Army Knife-like ships will change the balance of power, and even the perception of naval capabilities in the region. The Mistral class is a class of three amphibious assault ships, also known as a helicopter carrier, of the French Navy. Mistral Class ships can carry and deploy up to 16 helicopters, including attack helicopters like France’s Tiger or Russia’s Ka-50/52. Their main punch revolves around 4 landing barges or 2 medium hovercraft, however, which deliver armored vehicles, tanks, and soldiers to shore. Vessels of this class are equipped with a 69-bed hospital, and could be used as amphibious command ships.

SGR:
The project’s first phase – connecting Nairobi to Mombasa at a distance of 609 KM- was first allocated Sh327 billion which was later increased to Sh420 billion.

Ethiopia SGR;
$2.8 billion on Ethiopian side.

Tumelewa

1 Like

I count four currencies mentioned. I give up.

3 Likes

Whats your point. Kenya should buy four aircraft carriers?

6 Likes

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/09/16/547541/

Thought I was seeing my things. But how are the two interrelated?

2 Likes

@Tia Dalma … are you suffering from SWS?[SIZE=1] (sex withdrawal symptoms)[/SIZE]

2 Likes

There’s a very big difference between helicopter carriers and aircraft carriers. Russia was supposed to get those ships but their meddling in Ukraine cost them. Those are supposed to support amphibious operations by launching marines, send them in with limited airborne support and in some cases, infantry/armoured fighting vehicles are also carried to support the marines. Aircraft carriers are used to obtain more strategic gains on shore like clearing paths for marines, disabling air defences, heavy artillery, defending the carrier group from airborne strikes and so forth

2 Likes

I stopped at BUYES!!!:mad:

8 Likes

Vile nununimpa @Nananimpa amesema

BUYES broke the old hoes virginity

2 Likes

@gashwin unaitwa

Hiyo ita need kuwa supported

1 Like

a basket case is a basket case, even when it reincarnates…:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 Like

how are they like swiss army knives?

http://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/images/D/handyman-red-swiss-army-knife-D-01-01.jpg
you are still engaged in pulling “facts” from a dark place @msalame grace ?

2 Likes

How are Helicopter carriers and SGR costs related?

Admiral, can we get a small “Midget-Class” Aircraft carrier and station it at Manda Bay?

1 Like

Those things are expensive to operate and only useful if the military is aiming to project force regions away from the homeland or support large amounts of troops even if it is nearby. That would mean the navy will have to develop it’s own separate aviation arm which is also not cheap. China with all it’s economic might operates only one amd it was delivered post 2010

Sio eti namtetea but in other helicopter carriers, the ship carries STOVL aircraft and airborne marines. With this mistral class, the ships can deliver them right to the beach with their equipment and also support them with indirect fire and act as command hq hence the swiss army knife comparison

i can get the imagery but in the hurry to work the egyptian acquisition into another rant on how kenya misuses her money the point is lost…

3 Likes

I had not seen it that way

1 Like