Edi Gathegi Biography Actor (1979–) The forgotten kenyan

[SIZE=5]http://a1.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE4MDAzNDEwOTA5MzY1Nzc0.jpg
Synopsis[/SIZE]
Edi Mue Gathegi was born in Kenya on March 10, 1979, and relocated to California in his youth. He studied acting at New York University, and soon after began landing high-profile roles on television shows like CSI: Miami and House M.D. Gathegi’s big break in film came when he was cast as Laurent in Twilight (2008). He went on to appear in The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009), and has since earned roles in feature films such as X-Men: First Class (2011).

[SIZE=5]Early Life[/SIZE]
Edi Mue Gathegi was born in Nairobi, Kenya, on March 10, 1979. One of three children, Gathegi’s family moved to the United States when he was young and settled in Albany, California.

Year

Title
Role Notes
2006 Crank Haitian Cabbie
2007 Gone Baby Gone Cheese
2007 The Fifth Patient Darudi
2007 Death Sentence Bodie
2008 Twilight Laurent
2009 My Bloody Valentine 3D Deputy Martin
2009 The Twilight Saga: New Moon Laurent
2011 X-Men: First Class Armando Muñoz / Darwin
2011 Atlas Shrugged Eddie Willers
2011 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part I Laurent Flashback only
2014 Shiva and May Dex
2015 This Isn’t Funny Ryan
2015 Aloha Lt. Col. Curtis
2015 Criminal Activities Marques
TBA Transformation Awaits Lamay Pre-production[citation needed]
Television roles
Year Title Role Notes
2007 House Dr. Jeffrey Cole Recurring role, 7 episodes
2007 Lincoln Heights Boa 3 episodes
2007 Veronica Mars Zeke Molinda Episode: “I Know What You’ll Do Next Summer”
2008 CSI: Miami Freddie Mays Episode: “Tunnel Vision”
2008 Life on Mars Fletcher Bellow Episode: “Things to Do in New York When You Think You’re Dead”
2008 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Skinny Dude Episode: “Leave Out All the Rest”
2011 Nikita Kalume Ungara Episode: “Girl’s Best Friend”
2012 Phineas and Ferb Iggy/Various characters 2 episodes
2013 The Family Tools Darren Poynton Main role, 10 episodes
2013 Beauty & the Beast Kyle 3 episodes
2013 Red Widow Leon 3 episodes
2014 Justified Jean Baptiste 4 episodes
2014 Wild Card Tres Unsold television pilot
2015 Proof Zed Main role, 10 episodes
2015–present The Blacklist Matias Solomon Recurring role, 13 episodes
2015 Into the Badlands Jacobee 2 episodes
2016 StartUp Ronald Dacey Main role, 10 episodes

7 Likes

He is a far much better actor than Lupita. I liked his character in Criminal Activities

4 Likes

kenya huwaga kama kijiji na mushenee those who talk the loudest ndo hujulikana this guy ameweka career yake chini ya maji thus hautamuona kwa ile filth show churchil ama homo show the trend mharo na the rest

1 Like

ata pale twitter kwa idlers niko sure hawamjui. akijulikana utaona dick measuring contest ikianza

BTW they are many kenyan actors either born in Kenya or the USA who feature in hollywood movies/series. I remember seeing one in Churchill some time back

It is very sad that an actor has to work in Hollywood to be considered a good actor

If only he had a p.ussy, by now he would have a star on the walk of fame and an oscar worthy movie role.

2 Likes

and u knw why? Kenyans would rather watch nollywood,bollywood and hollywood movies than watch riverwood movies.

On Saturday i attended some kenyan dude’s birthday. Ilikuwa na wakenya tupu sanasana mwomen. The house owner was using his smart Tv for entertainment and let anyone with a smart phone play any music of their choice on the smart tv via youtube. Jeso…our kenyan mwomen wanashinda wakiweka nigerian music banaa. I tried putting sauti sol nikaambia toa hio

1 Like

shida ya kenyan music, movies na series ni that ni the same shit recycled over and over creativity iko down

Nigerian music and movies are also the same recycled sh!t. When one watches a naija movie u will know how the movie will end after the 1st 15mins

1 Like

i dont watch either zote ni shit show

Edi ni mnoma.
Watch his latest work- a series called Startup ndio ujue this man is goooood.

1 Like

FUCK!!! I had to intercept when I read this!!! HECK, I WILL WRITE IN ALL CAPS ILI MUONE NIKO SERIOUS. I HAD THE SAME SENTIMENT AS THIS, THEN I CAME ACROSS A WEBSERIES CALLED “TUKO MACHO”… MY RESPECT FOR KENYAN FILMMAKERS WAS INSTANTLY RESTORED. PLEASE JUST CHECK IT OUT.

1 Like

kitu moja si enough kukompensate entire industry problem ya kenyan tv ni that wako too lazy kuhunt for real talent so they recdycle same characters na scripts over and over

Meffi, weka link ama uketi pale ->.

1 Like

Hio tuko macho naweza ipata wapi online

Copy pasted from Hollywood movies(cant remember which). THE MAIN STUFF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!YOU ARE VERY IDLE SUCH THAT CREATIVITY TO YOU IS CANCER!

Hii salon ifungwe na kila mtu arudi janta. Na sitaki ile upussy ya sijui mimi ni birionea nyef nyef

Unajua the thing with “Tuko Macho” ni ati hiyo concept iko original sana, plus ina-capture life Nairobi to some extent. Iko na “a Kenyan aesthetic” so to speak. Yaani hata watu wa Toronto International Film Festival waliichagua for exhibition; it shows how much Kenyan art can be appreciated na najua hata most of the people ambao wame-watch si Wakenya. True, one series haiwezi compensate all the shit tumekuwa tuki-digest, but hiyo webseries inaonyesha bado kuna hope.

Ndio hiyo link. Enjoy.

2 Likes