Does becoming a Web Developer require a degree?

hahaha good luck with that in Kenya, those invetions that you’ve mentioned above were only possible because that was the highest standards at that time… n the highest standards at this time is AT Least 32Gb Ram and above if you want to really reinvent the wheel my friend

kwanza unajua ni watu wangapi wako self learned hapa Kenya na hawana job… not counting the COUNTLESS jobless Degree and masters holders?? wewe acha kuchocha watu hapa na fantasies… This is Africa where Tourism economy is allocated 2Billion despite being the most hit by coronavirus… ambia mtu reality s at least he can adapt and make a change REALISTICALLY.

For someone who claims to work at the treasury and does online gigs this is incredibly shallow of you!
@Veejay™ offers incredible advice to an upcoming web developer and the best you can do is trash it?
Mtu hasomi ndo achorwe job, you learn to better yourself.
If you hustle online, as you’ve claimed, you’d know that skills matter way more than anything else including nationality.
If the op follows what @Veejay™ has outlined he’d probably hold his own against the creme de la crème in that field.

That means he has a chance of penetrating the global market and thrive.
If you’re a jobless web developer in this technological era, you only have yourself to blame.

What was unrealistic in my advice dude? Clearly I have said OP should dive into web dev basics (HTML-css-js) then advance with frameworks and libs, while creating personal projects, but then akipata job 2-3 years later aangalie deeper concepts. If anataka the other way I also clearly outlined how to go ahead with a CS degree with expectations of what you will be taught… If you are in tech then this should be something so obvious to agree on, unless unaona kuna any other easy way to become a front-end developer in 2020?
It’s either you did not read my advice or you did not understand it and you are just strawmanning without even pointing to something specific.
My opinion usually is, every man or woman has the sole responsibility over their lives and choices, and if you choose to limit your ambitions no-one will question you.

inferiority complex at its best

Google can answer that question even before you finish typing one word

you can term it the way you want, but please stop being lied to by YouTube tutorials yet your country spends more than half on corruption and nothing of importance on Youths

hehehe do you know how many greater than
you have been limited by this corrupted government? do you know how many old mzee refuse to retire? do you know many cartels limit your ambition that you are fantasizing about? wewe lamba lolo na utoke USA ya YouTube… this is Africa kijana. m

my God shame on your mouth!! ati if you are jobless you have yourself to blame, wish you knew how graduates of computer science and Engineering don’t have jobs… just because you are earning those pea nuts ndio unakuja kutupigia kifua hapa

How do you get a mouth to feel ashamed?

If one is jobless, especially with such technical course, that’s on them.

The world doesn’t owe you or anyone diddly squat.

Again, getting a job is not the end all be all.

It’s my peanuts, I earn them. Am proud of them. If at all they’re indeed peanuts.

Can you say the same about your beloved jobless engineers and CS graduates?
Besides, mnapigiwa kifua mkiwa na Nani?

You are talking as if you are God, wacha ile siku utasotewa uishe kama watu wengine ndio utajua watu hawana jobs, in fact people who are more qualified 100 times better than you, just because unanunua Tissue paper za 60bob kupanguza mavi, usidhani umefika.

Sawa Chicken Little, Pris keep yer crystal ball handy so you can tell me when my sky has fallen. Ama what fortune telling paraphernalia do you use?

And oh, of course am not god. Unlike your imaginary friend, I exist.

Do you get off other people’s joblessness? It’s making quite a recurrence here.

Assuming nimejua watu hawana jobs, what am I supposed to do with that information? How does it benefit me?

Also, why you so salty?

you are supposed to go n shag your harlot mother, useless maggot, clearly you are a demented demonic entity who clearly is full of his own fart… you even call God, an lmaginary friend, ABOMINATION, your day will come you sick bastard n u will respect people with no jobs.

Am sorry, is that supposed to offend me?
You’re such a Christian, full of sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Triggered that someone doesn’t share you goat herders philosophy.

Yes, you’re morally superior, just re-read you statement above. Infatuated by incest just as that imaginary friend you take your morals from.

Hey if you hold fantasies of shagging your mother, seek proper psychiatric help. And stop projecting them to absolute strangers on the internet.

And yes, I called your god an imaginary being. What you gon do about it Chicken Little? Kill me with your pathetic insults? Pray for my eternal damnation? That I get struck by lightning? Contract Vivid?

Please share your vile wishes with your imaginary friend and telll him to do his worst, or anything for that matter.

NB: I’d be offended if your opinion meant something to me. FYI: it doesn’t.

But be sure to let me know when your imaginary, psychotic, murderous friend has done his worst.

Or just stop with the empty threats…

it’s clear you are a confused possessed demon… am done with conversing with lost soul…kivisi wewe ulitahiriwa na chupa? … THREAD CLOSED.

See? Your obsession with genitals is very telling of your skewed moral.

Again, sanctimonious hypocrisy. You are spewing bile and yet trying to assume the higher moral ground?

Your cognitive dissonance runs deep.

What does thread closed mean in this case?
Who died and made you admin?

hey everyone look at this demonic entity who despises jobless people talking

try Your luck bora ukuwe na akili yull make it

As a developer, i agree with this… this was some solid advice and al add more to it… with this reference link from quora

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-better-to-go-to-college-for-computer-science-to-become-a-programmer-or-should-you-go-for-what-you-like-and-is-easy-and-learn-programming-on-your-own-What-do-startups-who-are-hiring-think-of-people-who-do-this/answer/Ravi-Sankar?ch=10&share=aa1cc16e&srid=uaLfW

Show your skills and you will have a humble time to prove to your employer that you are the best. Develop your own web app, host it and use it in your portfolio.