Dj's

Niiicceeee

My only issue is the clarity. You know the pixels are largely correlated to the screen. The larger the screen, the more the pixels should be for the sake of clarity otherwise the stuff will be all blurry. In short how do you get around that?? Alafu some VDJs are brain dead, latest music videos are released in 4k but mtu bado anaplay tu 360 ama 720 on those large screens.

If you download Oldskool Rnb videos on YouTube the quality of what you get VS what DJ will be playing is different. DJS get their songs on record pool which they Pay for. This guarantees quality. Even today why I download a 1080p video song from YouTube I will listen and edit the audio again.

Another issue is no dj plays 1080p video’s. Our laptops will not support that smooth mixing. Hii itachapicha your laptop haraka. Mostly 720p is what we play. So djs don’t need to download 4k videos which are 400MB for just a song

Ala! I thought the Macs laptop could handle such tasks efficiently. But I totally understand, video rendering is task intensive for most machines

Apana MacBook pia huwa na issue zake but used by djs because it does video mixing well than windows through 3 party software called mix emergency which is only available for macbook users. But if u nafanya mixes place you don’t need video you can use windows laptop

4K overloads the GPU. 720 or 1080 is good enough kwa kazi ya VJ.

I’ve seen a HP Envy 15 do video in a club for years without issues. And that guy was using Serato Video. Na mambo yalikuwa tu sawa. He knew what he was doing.

The audio on YouTube videos is compressed. Iko 128 kb/s. So si fiti. DJs get audios from producers (kama hapa Kenya and E.A. you network), na publicisits, na mail blasts. Hizi audios huwa quality. Either 320 kb/s mp3 ama WAV. So watu hufanyia videos maneno. Edits na Extends. Another source ni vitu kama “Xtendamix”. Ambapo DJs huget videos fiti.

I did not dispute some windows can do video mixing but husumbua kabla upate the right laptop. Like me niko na pavilion 15 ya AMD 8GB Ram na storage ya 750GB but haziwezi cheza video.
Also some install IOS on windows laptops so as to accommodate Mix emergency which though it’s delicate matter.
Check DJ Rudeboy wa nNrg hutumia HP laptop for video mixes akaweka ios ya apple.

How does that turn out??? I mean with all the shrewdness that Apple practices, aren’t their softwares designed to operate optimally on Macs, literally locking out other manufacturers??

I am a techie. Avoid AMD processors ukitaka amani na Serato. Now you know.

Yes. People make “Hackintosh” machines. Lakini huwa kazi mob. A good laptop Core i7, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GPU fiti. Utakuwa sawa. Then ujue kutweak Windows OS vizuri. Utakuwa sawa.

This might be overkill but I dj for personal enjoyment. Signed up to both Spotify and Tidal and linked these to the mixing software. This gives me very high quality audio especially when using Tidal.

If I was to do it professionally, I’d consider subscription to multiple record pools. This is for licensing purposes usishikwe na IP infringement lawsuits.

I believe these are the best times to break-out your craft to online audiences and build your reputation. Find a niche hata kama ni an Inuit community in the middle of Siberia and wachachishe mbaya.

How do you link streaming platforms to mixing software?

The latest versions of Virtual DJ and Serato DJ support Tidal/ Spotify natively. You just enter your credentials and voilà ; their entire library is available to you in high quality.

Ia that legal? You know copyright wise??

Only legal for personal use. No public performance allowed for this use case scenario.