Diaspora African must wake up

You’re fortunate not to miss the food, the beef here tastes like crap!
I miss mbuzi, farmer’s choice sausages, bacon, traditional veges and tusker ,it’s tastes like gold:D not like the fake one sold out here.

I miss my family and the friends I’ve had since high school and college, I have never met their intellectual equals out here not even well educated Americans can match the intellectual grit we have in Kenya.

I can never get used to racism but thank God I don’t have to interact with people on a daily basis.

I know a nurse anaesthetist who commands 250 per hour, she can pick and choose when and how she works.
That’s why I laughed at the mere nurse thing, kweli ignorance is bliss…

We thank Jehovah for the walalo and mwarabu and the 8 hr flight from Jamu. They bring everything to their afro shops. Tunaenda huko happily. But I must admit that it depends on where you are in Lando. I am in South East. Ngwashes…ndumas…njahes, yams I don’t miss Kenya in terms of food. We have farmers’ markets making some really good sausages.

When we move from here after Rona…I will miss all these.

And I have not even mentioned how much those in the mjei industry are raking in per hr here…Jeso…

Let the sleeping dogs lie.

I think it depends on how long someone has been in diaspora. It’s different for immigrants vs 1st generation. I grew up in a major city in Texas (I won’t name it) that is known for being little Nairobi. More than 50k Kenyans in one city so I grew up around a lot of Kenyan friends and family. It was easier to not miss Kenya in that environment because I didn’t appreciate how many Kenyans (churches, businesses, social groups, etc) were in my hometown before I moved to the east coast which has less African immigrants.

People of my parents generation would never go back to Kenya. They were either exiled or forced to leave Kenya for better opportunities. I’m glad they did that because they put their own families’ interests before Kenya and their children are now the ones fortunate to have unlimited opportunities. I feel that my generation (20s) is more willing to move back to Kenya and I have friends who have done it for business. Unfortunately many of them have been disappointed and came back. I’m sorry but the only Kenyans who move back are those who do it unwillingly because their visas expired or they got deported. There are many that live undocumented in NA and Europe because to avoid Kenya at all costs. It’s almost never by choice. I can’t blame them.

What currency is this? Shida ni those mere nurses kazi nikutesa pale instagram, na kutuma marupurupu back home kwa wazazi.

Ati washikane watano? In your dreams manze. Waafrika hatuna ile cohesion ya wahindi working as a family. Waafrika ni everyone for himself and God for us all.

Hiyo statement "mere Nurses"imegusa watu mahali:D:D:D:D:D

Lol, ata si tunajua msee wa mjengo who rakes 5000 per hour, and can a choose a construction site he wants. Story zingine bila xray ama thermal images pelekeni na hukooooo---------->>>>>>

Hizo ni greenbacks.True, cohesion ya mwafrika ni shida. Except for Somalis. Huku kwetu utaibiwa ushangae.

Hehehe, si I said here that non diasporarians have a problem wrapping their heads around some figures, haya basi evidence ndiyo hiyo and remember we’re talking hard currency not kshs:D:D those mere nurses you despise can pay your salary and not feel it!

https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/certified-nurse-anesthetist-crna-salary/los-angeles-ca

How much does a Certified Nurse Anesthetist make in Los Angeles, CA? The average Certified Nurse Anesthetist salary in Los Angeles, CA is[SIZE=5] $209,150 as of May 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $192,213 and $228,163[/SIZE]. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.

But how many are immigrants? This is like quoting the 4M Oigaras salary as a banker and equating it to a teller also a banker saying they earn almost the same.

Immigrant nurses ni wa kuosha matako za wanyanye, na small dressing za wounds. We know nurses in diaspora bana, na si mmoja. They are “mere”

Mister your ignorance is mind boggling, you asked for evidence, I provided it, oigara is a CEO if I put a hospital CEO’s salary here you’d faint!:D:D
Now why don’t you go back to school and do nursing so that you can start making some real money?

Do you think in a hospital they care whether a nurse is an immigrant or not ??
Secondly, pay rate is standard
Make Google you friend, research the percentage of immigrant nurses in UK or US and you’ll have your answer.

They do! Kwanza UK.

The ONLY Kenyans who moved back were unwilling? Heheheee…

Wewe baki huko kayole, you’re arguing for just for the sake of it, no substance at all !:rolleyes:

I gave you a pay rate if Los Angeles now you’re arguing about the UK but it doesn’t change the fact that they make big bucks , whether you believe it or not.

I’m not even trying to convince you, I just want others to know that there are real opportunities out there to dramatically change the lives of their families .

I know nurses who came from dirt poor backgrounds back home and now they own homes in runda so if anyone is a registered nurse in Kenya, fanya bidii uje huku and see the transformation.

Si umecatch Nurse:D:D:D:D Hii bile yote juu nimekuita a mere Nurse Lol.

Upuss!!

Kapsaaa!!!,thank you for summarizing.

Unfortunately I’m not a nurse, I’m in a totally different field :mad::mad::mad:
What pissed me off is that right now, as we work from home, during covid, nurses are out there in the frontline, risking their own lives to save yours and your family !
They deserve respect and it’s only a dunderhead who wouldn’t see that!!:mad::mad::mad:

I was just educating you and others on this forum who may have dreams of a better life abroad. Nursing is one of the easiest paths to the good life.
There are many other paths like plumbing, AC/ and heating repair, electrical wiring, carpentry or wood work skills for the mjengo industry , mjengo and general contractors.

These are areas requiring minimal education but pay very well.