Dell

Dell na maumbwa ghasia taka taka.

How the hell do you make a laptop alafu unaipea RAM ya upuzi? Why would you make an 11th Gen laptop, Intel i5, 1TB HDD, 15.6" screen, 2.3GHz processor speed alafu unaipea RAM ya 4GB? These guys are nuts. Such a laptop should have a minimum RAM of 8GB. RAM ya 4GB unaachia laptop za i3.

1 Like

Dell is just an expensive brand.

1 Like

Just upgrade the RAM and get an SSD drive.

2 Likes

I have a rule with laptops, just get a Lenovo Thinkpad that’s within your budget.

Adopt this rule and you will never have regrets about a laptop purchase. Get a refurbished Core i7, 8GB ram Thinkpad for ~40k, couple it with a 22+ inch desktop screen and you are more than sorted for general use.

ThinkPads are sturdy workhorses worth every cent of their cost.

If you are into heavy duty gaming or heavy multimedia applications like graphic design and video editing and animation then you might want to look at machines with a good graphics card. But for the average Joe, you don’t need to look further than a ThinkPad.

5 Likes

11 gen is 3 generations back,… sounds like one of those electronic waste junks that have picked from garbage bins, brought to life and packed and shipped here to kenya for sale.

1 Like

Thinkpad, Latitude na Elitebook ziko same wozzap. it all comes down to preference… but I always like something with a solid milspec

1 Like

najua pesa ndio shida hizo ndio specs kama budget yako iko under 35k

nunua Dell XPS 15 9520 | Core i9-1290HK @ 405k link → here

3.8 GHz Intel Core i9 14-Core (12th Gen)
32GB DDR5 | 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
15.6" 1920 x 1200 Display
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti (4GB GDDR6)
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) | Bluetooth 5.2
Thunderbolt 4 | USB Type-C
SD Card Slot
Fingerprint Reader
Backlit Keyboard
Windows 11 Pro

ama this one:-

Dell Latitude 5300 Core i7-8th Gen, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD @ 43k link → here

• Brand: Dell
  • Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7
  • Ram: 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz
  • Storage: 256GB NVMe SSD
  • Display: 13.3-inch FHD WVA, 1920 Ă— 1080, Anti-Glare, WLED Backlight, Non-touch 300 nits
  • Color: Black
  • Graphics-Card: Intel® UHD Graphics 620

As someone who works with electronics all day dell laptops have the best quality, they are the nokia of laptops hazi haribiki rahisi. Am replying to your post with a 15 year old dell laptop with 2gb ram and 64gb storage running linux.

for low end(under 35k) to mid range(under 70k) laptops lenovo is a beast with hp and asus there

But tukiongelea 100k+ laptops people who need perfomance on the go then go for
1)DELL
2)MACBOOKS
3)ALIENWARE

Sisi watu wa Asus jee? I believe Asus iko better at gaming. Also, Dell na Alienware ni same thing

1 Like

Asus ni mid range laptop. Iko balanced on perfomance and price

imagine Dell as the big umbrella company, and Alienware as one of its specialized branches. Back in 2006, Dell liked what Alienware was doing so much that they decided to bring them into the family. So now, Alienware gets to keep doing what they do best—making gaming PCs and laptops—but they also get to tap into Dell’s resources and reach more people through their distribution network. It’s like they’re part of the same team, working together to bring top-notch gaming experiences to players everywhere.

Same company different products

Wdym mid range? You know kuna different specs, right? Hauezi bundle all laptops together.

Most companies have a target market

asus target mostly mid range prices(50-100k)
Lenovo targets mostly low end consumers in third world countries(20-50k)

This doesn’t mean this companies will not produce a few high end laptops.

example tafuta alienware ya 50k online uone kama utapata hatakama ni used and 10 years old.
Their target market is rich computer enthusiast wenye pesa si shida they just want perfomance e.x pro gamers, 3-d rendering companies, video production companies, heavy software development e.t.c

You must have missed the part i said asus gaming laptops. Not your funny 50k laptops. Asus gaming laptop are better than Alienware.

1 Like

Instead of ranting why not assemble your PC.

You do understand your laptops. ASUS produces the best gaming laptops on the market. I had to buy one to utilise gaming specifications for running engineering applications and simulations.

1 Like

ROG fanatic

1 Like