Defunct Companies That Had Good Products

Nokia died.

The new Nokia you see was purchased & revived by Microsoft. (Though I guess Microsoft also later sold it)

Nokia happens to be a common frequent good example in academics on how failure to adapt to changes in technology & trends can lead even the biggest companies to their graves.

Exactly. It is a nice phone though

Umesahau SupaSnack na crunchie… Although crunchie niliona in some obscure confectionery the other day

:confused: mazee telly ya mzae ya NEC B&W when KBC was the shi£. Died a slow death… Still rocking my Toshiba laptop though from mid 07 :smiley:

Hawa Nokia hawako those enterprise networks na BSS telecoms stuff? Same way Ericsson went?

Wako big in enterprise telecommunications. In fact naskia UK imepea Nokia and Ericsson 5G contract after kicking out China.

There was a sweet called toffee bana, it was really good

Hummer ni ya GM , Blackberry services bado alive I use a trusted Blackberry when dealing with Kenyans,

Original owners of nokia bought it back from microsoft .
Here is link with more info
HMD Global - Wikipedia

Ii ilikuwa imeweza in its hey days

those companies don’t just make electronics, Toshiba for instance also makes nuclear plants and ships, electronics ni department moja tu, Sony for example also publishes movies,all these big blockbuster movies in Hollywood are distributed by Sony.

Jvc

Sony makes cameras for almost every phoner including iphones. and audio chips for most hifis, tvs ,phones etc. they are earning good money (80b usd) in 2019 . Samsung made 206B usd but 80b usd nikipewa sitakataa.

I think HMD Global is an unofficial subsidiary of Nokia Corporation. Or might just be any other company that acquired the rights from Microsoft.

At least tropicals bado zinarepresent.

Didn’t Kodak invent the digital camera themselves? Talk about the irony of being felled by your own creation

i miss them
[ATTACH=full]382157[/ATTACH]

hizi hazijanibamba
[ATTACH=full]382158[/ATTACH]