Darwin Awards

TL;DR
These are awards given to people, posthumously, after they improve the human gene pool by ‘removing’ themselves from it before getting offspring; usually as a result of their stupid actions.

[SIZE=5]History[/SIZE]
In his seminal work, “The Origin of Species,” Charles Darwin presented evidence that species evolve over time to fit their environment better. Do the Darwin Awards really represent examples of human evolution in action?

Consider that there are three requirements for evolution to occur. First, a species must show diversity. For example, some people are taller than others. Second, there must be a selective pressure working on this trait. If people live among trees, and tall people whack their heads on branches and kill themselves more frequently than their shorter fellows, then short people will have a survival advantage. Third, the trait must be inheritable. On average, short people have shorter children than tall people, so evolution favors short people in this example. Within a few generations, our species would become shorter, and it would also become better at evading low branches.

The stories on this website, which range from the sublimely ironic to the pathetically stupid, display examples of trial and (fatal) error that vividly illustrate evolution in all its selective glory.

I started collecting the stories that make up the Darwin Awards in 1993, while I was doing biological research at Stanford University. I found them in newspaper articles from around the world and once I verified their legitimacy, I rewrote them for a small mailing list of friends. As people passed these emails around, I began to receive nominations from far and wide. When the Stanford server became overloaded, I moved the pages to www.DarwinAwards.com, set up voting and submission mechanisms, and became the primary source of and repository for the Darwin Awards.

Through word-of-mouth, as well as my email newsletter, the website has attracted a huge following. The dark humor, engaging stories, and mordant social commentary have made the Darwin Awards one of the most popular humor sites on the web.

http://www.darwinawards.com/rules/

It’s actually a very necessary self correction mechanism in the gene pool. The world is getting way too overpopulated. Too bad manufacturers are working against this important natural phenomenona by including too many warning labels on their products. Something iko labelled clearly RAT POISON alafu you see a warning apo chini "NOT SAFE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION "Are you mad? Upussssssssssss

4 Likes

urban migration worldwide has been on the increase and majority of people have adapted to living in slums;- I wonder under Darwinian Theorom this act would have on human beings evolving into?

We’re not evolving, if anything man is devolving more and more. Our knowledge base is shrinking, we’re getting weaker and living shorter lives, getting more detached from nature and each other. We are less capable as humans than our predecessors all the more while becoming more dependent on tech. Evolution is a lie.

[SIZE=5]true…
if man kind is
moving from this…
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9f/6b/97/9f6b97fab0baa17afe2d79a8da3ff291--italian-marble-sculpture-art.jpg

to thinking like this…
http://78.media.tumblr.com/fe5c5a05ba9c4d31dfa601891d7ebcb1/tumblr_o7y2fbWNex1roqv59o1_500.png
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]…clear labels should attached to some individuals[/SIZE]

3 Likes

Effidence to support this? We are better able to preserve and generate new knowledge, man Is living longer unless you believe methusellah nonsense, physical detachment is replaced by a technology medium to achieve same purpose.

Care to explain how am less capable than my 19th century ancestor? Man has always depended on tech ever since we discovered fire. It is key to our survival.

1 Like

the evidence is all around you bra, just look at the obituaries, where are all the old people? Incidences of cancer and genetic conditions have multiplied exponentially. Our constructive ability is inferior, think of the pyramids, cyclopean masonry, art like @Tom Bayeye 's post… Mysticism and sorcery all forgotten arts.

Can you start a fire from scratch? Can you cure any disease without pharmaceuticals or a doctor? Two basics of survival… Can you use the stars as a map? If you can congratulations, you’re not a dud.

Niaje Neanderthal ya 21st Century

2 Likes

A) obituaries do not form a representative sample.
B) incidences of cancer MIGHT have been there and were misdiagnosed. Besides advances in medical tech are leading to new cancer treatments. Read about gene editing and see how cancer might be extinct in future.
C) am pretty sure we can build better pyramids than those built by Egyptians. The only reason it hasnt been done is because nobody has commissioned one.
D) mysticism, it just stopped being mysterious. It was supplanted by science.

Both skills were crude and not that effective, that’s why better alternatives were developed.

3 Likes

My fren statistics and global health reports do not comply with your world view. Unasema evolution is a lie is that because u belive that u were made in the image of a bearded white man who lives in the sky

1 Like

Lol. This is a very interesting way of arguing. I think you are confusing knowledge and wisdom. There is no way one can say that our knowledge base is shrinking. The mere fact that we got specialized doctors that can even fathom the idea of transplanting heads & hearts from one body to another is a good example that we are advancing. And as a potential “patient”, why should I spend years learning (gathering knowledge) on medical staff (that am totally not interested in) yet I got someone trained in doing exactly that? Why don’t I learn something that am interested in? (wisdom). I mean, just because most people cannot start a fire nor cure themselves doesn’t mean they are not capable of; they are not just interested in. In the very ancient times, humans were forced to survive, learn all the basics, since they were not on top of the food chain. Nature (wild animals, lack of a continuous supply of food, medicine & shelter) was their main foe. It was all about survival for the fittest. When civilization happened in ancient Mesopotamia, we continuously evolved from survival of the fittest to survival of the wittiest. We eventually are more specialized on how we think. That’s way even a dentist may find it hard to perform a minor surgery even though they in the same field of knowledge (medicine) as a surgeon. And due to this new way we are evolving, a trained sailor will rarely have to use ancient knowledge (stars) to navigate around. And just so you know, in that aspect of ‘living shorter lives’, if you had to travel some centuries back, you could easily spread diseases & cause plagues just by appearing in person!!

[quote=“Sabretooth, post:11, topic:141608”]

The mere fact that we got specialized doctors that can even fathom the idea of transplanting heads & hearts from one body to another is a good example that we are advancing.
[/QUOTE[/QUOTE]

No that is a good example that we are fucking psychopaths. That is some scary Frankenstein gore fest material right there bra… You need prayers.

So in your mind gods are automatically white people? You need bob Marley bra…