Cutting weight.

Sometime back, someone requested for tips on how to lose weight. One of the tips given by a villager was to look for those neighborhood football teams and join them during their warm up sessions. I took this advice seriously and scouted around my new neighbourhood. As they say “mkono mtupu haulambwi” I approached a local team with some donations for the team(a ball and full goalkeeper kit) and they accepted my request with some making funny comments about my developing pot. I realised how unfit I was when I started working out with these boys. I could only manage 10 press ups at a go, could not run continuouosly for 5 mins and as a whole couldn’t keep up the workout for 30 minutes before giving up. With time however I found a comfortable rhythm and kept going. However I did not last long with these boys. Some of them started approaching me with odd items that they wanted to sell( one brought an iphone six which he was selling for 35k!)
I realised that some of these lads had nocturnal activities that were not exactly legal and it was a matter of time before they got caught up by the law so I quietly quit the group. I had made some good progress with my weight loss and the last thing I wanted was to go back to my previous state. I started running along the highway and today I am doing 4km non stop jogging 4 times a week and i have shed 9 kgs!

21 Likes

@Mjasusi how long did it take to shed the 90kg?

About two months, I started in early Jan. I think you meant 9kgs right?

2 Likes

jogging any time

2 Likes

You are right. What I have discovered is that it’s very difficult to start on a workout regime, but once you overcome the mental block, the physical part is really easy

2 Likes

unaiba simu kwa highway?
wapi @pamba ?!!!

3 Likes

Tukikutana asubuhi ni ngeta kwako.

Push yourself further, try 5-6km and increase the pace, soon it will seem like a walk in the park

2 Likes

I will try 6km soon thanks.

Can also use an app, I use Map My Run to get my data when doing my morning run

1 Like

Wish I could. When I leave my house for the jog, I only carry my handkerchief. You see, my route is along a lonely stretch with overgrown bushes. Even during the day you cannot be completely sure you are safe.

2 Likes

[SIZE=7]YOU ARE THE MAN! GAINS AND GLORY![/SIZE]
http://beastmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wallpaper-704231.jpg

1 Like

Haha! Right now am still sporting a one-pack but things will be different soon.

Kwani ni kushed weight ama bodybuilding juu hata hao huwa overwieght?

1 Like

He he he! That is just for motivation, hata mimi bado niko mbali na hapo.

It all boils down to such small victories. Things like a six-pack are the side-effect of discipline and consistency, keep it up na zitajileta tu. For now focus on that goal of cutting the weight.

2 Likes

A six-pack is a function of body fat content (%). Sio lazima uwe mass monster hata Whiz Khalifa anazo na sidhani amefikisha 70 kgs.

2 Likes

Mbisha ya mjengo @mjassusi

1 Like

Picha ya Arnold ungeweka ya wiz

If this was a thread about rap music then yes, Wiz Khalifa would have been appropriate, otherwise Arnold is the most recognizable face in the fitness world. Hence the motivational poster.

1 Like

There is a problem with the upload but I will keep trying.