Cuban cars, kenya is really blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJPqe1baowA

Its funny how majority of cuban cars have tractor engines which are upto 50yrs old. American can really hurt the economy with their sanctions. You can learn to appreciate your jalopy no matter how simple it is from this video

But it is a paradise for classical cars lovers

Westerners would view us almost same way. we import completely used japanese cars and install used spare parts because the cars arent worth new spares.

How is Kenya blessed? Because we can buy 8 year old cars from Japan? Let’s compare the two countries (source: CIA factbook)
Population
Kenya: 47,615,739
Cuba: 11,147,407 (July 2017 est.)

GDP (PPP)
Kenya (K): $155.6 billion (2016 est.)
Cuba (C): $132.9 billion (2016 est.)

GDP (official exchange rate)
K: $78.4 billion (2017 est.)
C: $81.56 billion (2017 est.)

GDP per capita (PPP)
K: $3,400 (2016 est.)
C: $11,900 (2016 est.)

Budget
K: revenues: $15.37 billion
expenditures: $20.18 billion (2017 est.)
C: revenues: $52.36 billion
expenditures: $60.57 billion (2017 est.)

Taxes and other revenues
K: 19.6% of GDP (2017 est.
C: 64.2% of GDP (2017 est.)

Public debt
K: 52.6% of GDP (2017 est.)
C: 35.8% of GDP (2017 est.)

Inflation rate (consumer prices)
K: 8% (2017 est.)
C: 4.8% (2017 est.)

Reserves of foreign exchange and gold
K: $7.592 billion (31 December 2017 est.)
C: $12.8 billion (31 December 2017 est.)

Debt - external
K: $24.99 billion (31 December 2017 est.)
C: $20.55 billion (2017 est.)

Human Development Index (Source Wikipedia)
K: 0.555 (medium (2015 est.))
C: 0.775 (High (2015 est))

So despite Cuba being under sanctions for the past 50 years, they’re still ahead of Kenya on most development indicators, if these figures are to be believed. They also have higher standards of living (higher life expectancy, higher literacy rates, higher GDP per capita). We’ve had “independence” for roughly the same time Cuba has been under sanctions. Shida yetu huwa gani jameni?

Xaxa Brayo.

Mimi naongea kuhusu magari, hii research yako peleka kwa forum za world bank

They have kept their cars running for 50 yrs, and yet you can’t keep your mtumba in running shape for 10 yrs. Who between these two has a higher return on investment?

I actually envy them. If I had a chance to visit Cuba before the embargo is completely lifted I would rest easy. Those cars are gems and if they could export them even to Europe or the U.S. they will fetch a fortune.

The engines are not in good condition except for a few. Years of improvised repairs. They really move parts from one car to the next and improvise what they cant find.

You are the same people who will jump in political threads and strangle anyone talking about Uhuru Kenyatta/Ruto and Sonko failures,there is one thing that i have found true in mentally handicapped people,they see everyone around them being mad except themselves

Haiya, unanyamba point vibaya sana.

If you talk about Uhuru’s failure while trying to convince me that the loser Raira, or MaDVD, or any of the current crop of politicians can do a better job, then I have every right to strangle you. They’re all cut from the same cloth. Plus I’m talking about 50 years of failure, not just the current leaders that we have.

So ulikuwa unasema tuko blessed juu unaweza buy Toyota Platz na Cuban hawezi? What a shallow way of thinking :D:D:D

:D:D:D

uwizi,ukumbafu,ukabila,ujinga,utiaji,ujuaji mingi…