CRUCIAL ADVICE

seek to set record straight without accusing him directly. i had one such, I almost lost my job. but I maintained high standards. when I got an opportunity to prove that he was the course of my problems, I did so, to the disbelief of everyone (all my bosses). when they heard me and he got shamed, I resigned, citing the inability to work with him anymore. the company had to choose between me and him, and he was fired right away but was paid the monthly salary in lieu. my suffering was for a solid 2.5 years. i endured patiently for the right moment to set the record straight

Why should you mind him? Just do what is right according to your duties, is it him you are answerable to? If not just do your work perfectly, report him where opportunity presents itself if he sabotages your work. The truth will stand with you if your promotion was on merit.

Unless you don’t understand what it means to be undermined by a colleague. He has a serious way of undermining you and influencing junior staff using every opportunity… Take for a example a team leader who is not meeting his targets we call him together and discuss the issue openly then after the meeting my guy goes round my back and tells the sales guy it was not about the targets but its the personal grudge that mkubwa has with him. This sales guy will forever think I hate him.

But the sales targets will speak for themselves. If necessary always publish the sales details (for all departments) and let the numbers speak for themselves i.e encourage open, fair inter-departmental/team competition. Just set out rules so that the rivalry doesn’t leak out or manifest itself on the clients

…and of course make sure you reward the winning team, and encourage the losing teams.

Wewe ni mbwa Mr. Curtain raiser.

If you use underhand ways, you will prove the point he is trying to prove to the bosses.

If there was a time to do the correct things, it is now. Let him be. Do your work diligently to your best abilities.

It may be that the guy has been given a mission to test you without the bosses being seen to have a hand in it.

Usitumie akili ile yako ya ndengu ghaseer.

Do nothing, be patient and wait it out then ile siku ata mess kiasi unachapa una malisaa. Such people are inevitably bound to fck up at one point.

that’s my point above there too. I waited till I nailed it against him and dealt one blow. I resigned knowing the company will have a hard choice, and it worked.

If you have these all information, then somebody gave it to you, or is it your own imagination and that you are failing the position? If you are a senior and you know this madhafaka why don’t you just corner him or her and question all these fucking things. Be sober when doing this, but you can smoke a few puffs of marijuana. We were born once and will die once, if you feel something is wrong come up and question it buoy? Don’t give a damn niggah

Y’all!
Been in the exact same situation-The icing on the cake is that I personally brought him on board-Literally employed him.
And now, he is doing the exact same thing that Chief has described above. One thing I told myself is never to engage. But ignore. Developed a complete masculine frame and ignored all that. And the result is that he is completely frustrated with how he knows nothing about me despite making in-roads to seek attention.
Now, this characteristic is like that of a child who seeks attention from the parent always and it’s as a result of poor upbringing where the kid believes they have a right to everything and the parent caves in and gives them what they want. In this circumstance, you end up with an adult human being who thinks that they deserve everything someone else has. The best way to deal with such a situation is to ignore and keep working because you are paid for your value at work and nothing said will change the value you offer. Period.
DENY ATTENTION!
@steve mmoja said this:

These are some of the ways to deny attention and they work magic. The result is that the guy will be frustrated just like a kunguru who you deny attention and they try all ways to nail it in with you.

I thought such a meeting will have minutes and they will be documented? and if is meeting to discuss performance, why dont you invite a HR rep to be part of that? Inakaa wewe ndiye shida,

Read up on emotional intelligence. This will help you assess the situation soberly and empathetically. Also get “48 laws of power” by Robert Greene. This will teach you crucial rules about power and especially how to deal with such enemies…

Sounds like the other guy should have gotten the promotion. He knows how to get shit done.

Ignore the asshole and fly high.
Raven’s peck at eagles necks but eagles have no time to fight ravens, they just ascend higher up until the ravens are unable to breathe and fall off.

Super ignore the guy and his shenanigans, act like you don’t notice… and be very professional and above board. If there was ever a time, this is the time to prove you were worthy of the promotion. Just work hard and straight and ignore the guy. Cover yourself with mails and task him for deliverables with mails. Set him up professionally for disciplinary action coz no one is always too good. there must be somewhere he has weaknesses eg TATs, etc tHen after he underperforms in 3 such instances, write to him citing the 3 instances and copy HR. He will notice you are onto him and tuck his tail.

Good luck.

chief wacha siasa, pea jamaa share yake of the deal.

This guy is very powerful, and there is something your bosses see in him that they like, maybe the ability to checkmate you so that you don’t become too powerful. That’s part of politics, and like the forest where all straight trees are cut and and the crooked remain, you are at a GREATER risk of being exited than he is.

Take your time, study pole pole the power structures but be extremely thorough with your job. For now don’t try to influence employees to your side as that battle will energise him and he seems ruthless at it.

Get a copy of THE 48 LAWS OF POWER, read and make your moves covertly.