Could Poor Driving Skills On A Flimsy Toyota Be Responsible For Kevin's Demise?

This is a young boy who has not been behind the wheel for more than 3 years. Given Toyota’s poor handling on their budget cars such as Premios, could this lad have jerked the wheel too fast and caused a major irrecoverable skid that led his car to smash onto a tree meters away from the road.

Driver airbag didn’t deploy mostly because the impact was away from the front bumper and bonnet.

What if this lad was chased and flipped off the road via a PIT Maneuver by rivals keen on eliminating him. only a front & Rear Dashcam would reveal that but he didn’t have one.

Kama hii ilikuwa Volvo or SAAB angeponea. The passenger cage in those two Swedish cars in phenomenal.

2 Likes

…hii story ya huyo mwenda zake imenihuzunisha sana. Alikuwa avunje record ya marathon. Hao wakale siwaamini. Someone messed with his car breaking system.

2 Likes

But the impact wasn’t on the front… It was on the roof…

Hata Side impact. Volvos & SAABS have side impact bars, watch their Test video and know why they are classified as safest cars in the world.

I have driven on that Eldoret-Eldama Ravine-Nakuru route countless times and prefer it cause its scenic. That stretch that claimed these guys is quite unforgiving. Narrow alafu ni steep on the side, ukikanyaga nje huwezi correct. Msee akifanya stupid overtaking hakuna mahali ya kuhepea. Ipate kijana mdogo testosterone filled kama huyu, premio bado ni mpya baridi unafinya kufinya, makosa tu ndogo na umekata umeme.

3 Likes

I

Only you can pinpoint mediocrity in every situation. Toyota vs Volvo😂

1 Like

Still, he would not survive in a VOLVO as you claim. The side impact sensors are on the side impact bars, not the roof. This vehicle looks like it flipped and landed on a tree trunk collapsing the roof. None of the airbags sensors were activated as the front and side bars are intact. Maybe the pre-tensioner was activated if the driver slammed on the brake.

Most probably. In addition, the Kenyan roads are badly designed and not suited for night driving at all. No lines or cat’s eyes to demarcate the lanes and no guard rails at appropriate points. If you add some drivers penchant for driving with full lights on, especially the buses and heavy commercial vehicles, chances of arriving unscathed are greatly diminished!
… hoping that the lady at the back hakuwa anapapasa kisogo ya champion…

4 Likes

Yesterday i noticed that they occupants of the vehicle had some food, in a foil paper, some meat and roast potatoes, I think (you can confirm this from the citizen Tv news clip).
If that is that case, that the speeding driver was taking bites while focusing on the road, a slight swerve would send the car off-road, into the ditch, where the tree stopped rolling momentum.
Maybe the lady behind was hold the food somewhere in between the from seats and the driver was taking a few glances to pick a good bone and lost control.
It could most probably be an accident, but let the slueths do their work.

5 Likes

From the photo above, it does not seem like the vehicle rolled otherwise the impact on the sides would be visible.
Possible scenario. The vehicle lost control, got into that ditch, then kind of flipped and hit that tree mid air, from the wind screen.
They must have had some nasty head injuries.

2 Likes

Stupid overtaking on Ravine Eldoret Rd? I doubt. Its one of the loneliest roads in Kenya…but i love it because you avoid traffic kabisa

1 Like

True…as a rule i dont drive at night outside of main towns…zero visibility.
And i always encourage my family members nit to travel at night…the bus and lorry drivers are familiar with roads but unfortunately we also have some strangers who have decided to drive all the way from mombasa to bara yet they are very unfamiliar with the roads…knowing where a small bend is, or a small hump, or even a pothole, is very helpful on our poorly lit and marked roads at night.

1 Like

Hapa muranga there’s is a house whose security lights had to be moved. Ukiwa kwa barabara usiku the house lights across the ridge would look like an oncoming vehicle an if you were not keen you’d think the road is straight kumbe there is a corner and a dip going down to the river. After three non fatal accidents the owner of the house had to be talked to and assisted in changing his lightning. There once was a party and drinks were flowing that corner had three accidents. Luckily the corner has a live fence and tea bushes. The host akienda kuangalia magari za rafiki zake kwa garage ndio aliambiwa about those lights and in Dak and Wat (good neighbors from the river and the source) the lights were changed.

Night driving is not for novices and needs zero distractions. Lose even a second and you might cause an accident that might shock people. One needs better than good breaks and lights, monitor your speed and trust your instincts and sight, if you can’t see it with your headlights don’t assume anything. A stationary vehicle might be your undoing (de Matthew). Be 100% on the road, if you are distracted or not 100% then make sure your speed never moves above 30km/h. Tired, look for a place take a power nap, 30 mins wash your face and you are good for another 2-3 hours. Don’t drink and drive.

2 Likes

Ama gari ilikuwa garage recently rogue Mechanic akacheza kama yeye na brakes na steering rod?

We need such a Mechanic acheze na Ndege ya Ruto

3 Likes

Nime drive hiyo bara bara pia. No heavy commercial vehicles. Gari ni moja moja…shida ni usiku kuna poor lighting…its very dark on that road. Plus no markings and narrow roads. One mistake na uko kwa ditch

3 Likes

When i drive at night in unfamiliar road esp ikuwa na ma corner na mashimo…me hungoja gari iko na maharaka inipite then i follow it at a distance hadi nifike place najua. Kuna time pia nilifuata Matatu from hapo Sagana to Makutano…the road had soo many diversions ans no markings…and bumps out of nowhere. Ni poa kufuta gari ingine kwa barabara hufahamu vizuri

5 Likes

Hata kama ni Volvo they wouldnt have survived coz their heads absorbed all the impact after the tree tore the windscreen and roof.

Kenyan roads are death traps. Mchana it’s bad enough, usiku it’s a nightmare. Watu wana haraka za ujinga, overtaking carelessly hoping that someone will yield for them ahead. Weka mataa full beam, lower only when vehicles are approaching. Stick to a safe speed.
This is the third world my friends. There are people who don’t know or care that Kenya exists. Whatever people think they’re in a hurry to do can wait.

2 Likes

People are always in a hurry to go nowhere. Then wakigongana hizo haraka zao zinaishia hapo ndio wanaanza ku regret kwanini alikuwa anakimbia.

1 Like