Clarence Muhoro Wants To Be "The Warren Buffet of Kenya”....

Clarence Muhoro’s investment journey began in 2018, after visiting a cryptocurrency presentation in Westlands, Nairobi.

Later, together with his family, they invested in a digital currency, which later turned out to be a scam.
“We ended up investing as a family and two years later, it turned out to be a scam!,” the 20-year-old says.
He, however, did not let the bad experience thwart his investment plans by reading investment books and taking finance classes.
“By the end of 2018, I had read a lot of books on investment and taken finance classes and was really excited to invest in shares and try to be the Warren Buffet of Kenya,” says Mr Muhoro who will graduate in September with a Bachelor of Arts in Finance with a focus in Investment Management at the United States International University.

[ATTACH=full]375180[/ATTACH]
Clarence Muhoro, investor in shares.

“We had a Chama (savings group) with my family friends and I asked them whether they would like us to invest our savings and they were up for it.”

So, they bought their first 100 Safaricom shares at Sh22 each in December 2018. As at last Friday, the share value had risen to over Sh50 per share, representing a more than 50 percent rise.
“I looked at Safaricom and saw the right essentials and fundamentals of a wonderful company. They had great leadership under Bob Collymore, happy employees, had products and services that were likely to grow further into the future…This indicated great growth into the future and that is what I was looking for.”
Together with his brother, Mr Muhoro also bought 100 Centum shares.
“My brother and I took all our remaining savings which were coins in jars and we took them to the bank and spent time counting them and bought Centum shares with them,” he reckons

"Within three months, the Safaricom shares had grown by 40 percent to Sh31 per share while also declaring a dividend, and the Centum shares had grown by 9 percent,” he says.
This really excited me and I knew that I wanted to further invest in the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).”
Currently, he has invested in about six companies at the NSE with over 1,500 shares.
“My ideal investment strategy is to look for growth stocks. Stocks with the potential of growing 2x, 5x, 10x, or 100x in the future. I used to check on dividends too or look for undervalued companies but I realized that looking for growth stocks was a far more efficient approach,” he says.
“I also speculate sometimes with a small percentage of my funds when certain news occurs or before dividends are announced and get some small gains… .”
He says the investments help him grow wealth besides acting as a saving platform.
“It has also made me more secure about my future knowing that my investments will keep on growing and generate wealth for me as I work towards financial freedom,” he notes.
“This really helped when I had a lot of anxiety about the future.”.
Mr Muhoro now helps others invest through a boot share camp that teaches on basics of investments, understanding how the stock market works, how to open licensed investment accounts, and choosing the right brokers.
He also teaches on how to research and get detailed information about companies, the criteria of selecting growing stocks, investing strategies, financial and non-financial analysis of companies, valuations, and some investment tips.

“A lot of success having taught over 200 guys and helping 70 to start buying their first shares in the Nairobi Securities Exchange,” he says.

Warren Edward Buffett (/ˈbʌfɪt/ [I]BUFF-itt[/I]; born August 30, 1930) is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is currently the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. He is considered one of the most successful investors in the world[]](‘https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett#cite_note-3’) and has a net worth of over $100.6 billion as of April 2021, making him the world’s seventh-wealthiest person.

Buffett was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He developed an interest in business and investing in his youth, eventually entering the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947 before transferring to and graduating from the University of Nebraska at 19.

[ATTACH=full]375182[/ATTACH]

He went on to graduate from Columbia Business School, where he molded his investment philosophy around the concept of value investing pioneered by Benjamin Graham. He attended the New York Institute of Finance to focus his economics background and soon after began various business partnerships, including one with Graham. He created Buffett Partnership, Ltd in 1956 and his firm eventually acquired a textile manufacturing firm called Berkshire Hathaway, assuming its name to create a diversified holding company. In 1978, Charlie Munger joined Buffett as vice-chairman.

Buffett has been the chairman and largest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway since 1970. He has been referred to as the “Oracle” or “Sage” of Omaha by global media. He is noted for his adherence to value investing, and his personal frugality despite his immense wealth. Research published at the University of Oxford characterizes Buffett’s investment methodology as falling within “founder centrism”, defined by a deference to managers with a founder’s mindset, an ethical disposition towards the shareholder collective, and an intense focus on exponential value creation. Essentially, Buffett’s concentrated investments shelter managers from the short-term pressures of the market.

Buffett is a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He founded The Giving Pledge in 2009 with Bill Gates, whereby billionaires pledge to give away at least half of their fortunes.

Buffett was elected to the American Philosophical Society in 2009.

It’s a great start.

Na bonobos huku zinatafuta lanye tu

Aturushie za Chrome

Kijana ya waiguru alikuwa amekuja na story kama ii, tunawaonea mbali.

Wakenya hamuwezi ona kitu suspicious kwa io story? Mko thick.

Ndio maana wataendelea kutombwa :D:D:D

Edwin Dande has 20 years experience and a killer CV and he still conned Kenyans out of 1Billion plus

https://biznakenya.com/cytonn-investments-scandal/