Chinese Astronauts Make First Space Walk Outside New Station. Western's Dominance Is Quickly Fading

Two astronauts made the first space walk on Sunday outside China’s new orbital station to work on setting up a 15-meter (50-foot) long robotic arm.
Liu Boming and Tang Hongbo were shown by state TV climbing out of the airlock as Earth rolled past below them. The third crew member, commander Nie Haisheng, stayed inside.
The astronauts arrived June 17 for a three-month mission aboard China’s third orbital station, part of an ambitious space program that landed a robot rover on Mars in May. Their mission comes as the ruling Communist Party celebrates the 100th anniversary of its founding.
The station’s first module, Tianhe, or Heavenly Harmony, was launched April 29. That was followed by an automated spacecraft with food and fuel. Liu, Nie and Tang arrived June 17 aboard a Shenzhou capsule.

[ATTACH=full]372703[/ATTACH]

On Sunday, Liu and Tang were completing installation of a robotic arm that will be used to assemble the rest of the station, according to state media. State TV said their space suits are designed to allow them to work in the vacuum of space for up to six hours if needed.
The space agency plans a total of 11 launches through the end of next year to add two more modules to the 70-ton station.
Liu is a veteran of the Shenzhou 7 mission in 2008, during which Zhai Zhigang made China’s first space walk. Nie is on his third trip into space while Liu is making his first. All are military pilots.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-astronauts-first-space-walk-042358941.html

The west did this more than a century ago, now what we are doing is enjoying the products that are based on space technology.
Germany developed the same technology in 2nd world war, so, what China is doing isn’t cutting edge, but catching up to the West.

Wapi hata thermal image ya “spacewalkers” mdau.

race for chip superiority is what they should win ., space is nothing

The west is really investing in photonic chips…i wonder where we are as Africans?

Tuko BBI

Data transmission is the next frontier. 5G, 6G will see the setup of factories closer to resources, 5g 6g enabled robots will be doing most of the work in factories.

?? You black bonobo white wanna be! Whose we? Come on respect yourself. Bonobos are busy launching flying toilets not astronauts. Hii ndio makosa ya uncle Tom’s aka black Republicans

I would love to go to space. If any country or corporation was looking for volunteers to set up a colony on another planet I would definitely volunteer.

Kunywa dawa ulale banaa

:D:Ddawa gani

Za Kaswede.

:D:D:D nilipatanga hii kitu 92 usinikumbushe boss … we used to say kuchomeka…

:D:D Mwaga hekaya hapa sponsor

Pseudo gringos never fail the kijiji:D:D
[ATTACH=full]372762[/ATTACH]

Ati cetrury ago? 1921?
The first man in space was Russian Yuri Gagarin in 1961.
Hapana danganya watu hapa jamaa.

The Chinese are doing big things. They are taking their rightful place on the global stage.
Where was your “West” 3,000 years ago?
China was a thriving civilization at that time.
What was going on with the “West” then?

My bad, meant half a century ago, about 3000 yrs ago, i don’t know about that.

We all need to monitor and report here on BJ50 developments. Hio ya space stations na spaces walks tuionee viusasa pekee

Britons were wearing skins and living in caves at the time

3000 years ago Romans were in England bringing ‘new road building technologies’. Those same roads is how the Romans transported their military and conquered them.
Kenyan government could learn something from history