Cereals Business

I would like to open a small cereals biz for my spouse.
What she thinks is needed:

• a front shop (7k/month)
  • stock (30k for starters)
  • weighing scales (???)
  • other hardware needed in the shop (10k)

Businessmen, Kindly advise me on the way forward.

2 Likes

all the best. looks like you’ve everything all figured out save for the single biz permit and i don’t know if medicos are required…

1 Like

Yeah man, forgot the permit… I think it’s around 15k a year, or 2k a month maximum

location ni muhimu. Na wife asikuwe mzembe. Kufunga biz ni late night so live as close as possible to the biz. Pia unaweza ongeza mayai,mafuta ya kupima,diapers etc.

5 Likes

Congratulations.

A cheap but reliable source is crucial for success.

Plus ve supportive. While she sells at the shop, try to shop orders in hotels, schools, hospitals, etc

Also, Nairobians love cooked cereals. She can cook githeri, veans, ndengu, etc and sell alongside the uncooked. Hygiene is a CSF here.

Also, keep accurate records to evaluate profitability.

All the best.

4 Likes

Ongeza akue anapika those cereals kama ni area ya students na bachelors

2 Likes

Congratulations.

A cheap but reliable source is crucial for success.

Plus ve supportive. While she sells at the shop, try to shop orders in hotels, schools, hospitals, etc

Also, Nairobians love cooked cereals. She can cook githeri, veans, ndengu, etc and sell alongside the uncooked. Hygiene is a CSF here.

Also, keep accurate records to evaluate profitability.

All the best.

1 Like

Permit depends with the location, type and size of business. Yours will probably be 5k if it is located within nairobi estates. sell pure pishori rice and I will be your customer. All the best

2 Likes

Sande sana

Cereals are cheapest in Pungoma any day!

I will get in touch you link me with potential suppliers from there