CABINET LIFTS ban on growing and importation of GMO Maize: Hasla amefanya

CABINET LIFTS ban on growing and importation of genetically modified food and animal feeds in Kenya, including white (GMO) maize.
The cabinet meeting was chaired by President William Ruto.

[SIZE=7]Hasla amefanya kazi buana[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]5 Major Risks of GMO Foods[/SIZE]
Why are GMOs bad? Since they are still relatively new to human consumption, GMO foods dangers are still continuing to be discovered, but let’s take a look at the some of the possible GMO foods health risks we know about so far.

According to the Center for Food Safety, these are some of the main human health concerns at this time: (11)

[ul]
[li]Allergic Reactions[/li][li]Antibiotic Resistance[/li][li]Cancer[/li][li]Loss of Nutrition[/li][li]Toxicity[/li][/ul]
1. Allergic Reactions
How can GMOs possibly increase [B]allergies[/B]? When an organism is genetically modified by humans, this changes the expression level of natural components of that organism, which may make allergies worse.

A scientific review published in 2016 in the journal Food Science and Human Wellness provides a perfect illustration of this scenario:

[INDENT]One example is the production of soybeans enriched in the amino acid methionine. The enhanced synthesis of this amino acid is the result of a gene isolated from [B]Brazil nuts[/B]. As a consequence, some consumers allergenically sensitized to these nuts have allergic reactions to the transgenic soybean. (12)[/INDENT]
Talk about playing with nature!

Another scientific review titled “Genetically modified foods: safety, risks and public concerns—a review” points out that new proteins can be synthesized during genetic modification that can produce “unpredictable allergenic effects.” An example of this phenomenon is when bean plants that were genetically modified to increase cysteine and methionine content had to be discarded when it was realized that the expressed protein of the transgene was highly allergenic. (13)

Another source of allergic reactions and other concerning side effects occurred in 2003 when about 100 people who lived next to a Bt corn field developed a number of concerning symptoms including respiratory, skin and intestinal reactions from breathing in the Bt corn pollen. Blood tests from 39 of the victims exhibited an antibody response to Bt-toxin. Furthermore, these same unwanted symptoms showed up in 2004 in at least four additional villages that had planted the same variety of GM corn. Some villagers also credited the corn to several animal deaths. (14)

2. Antibiotic Resistance
It’s frightening yet true that before GMOs are released for public consumption, there are no human clinical trials! A review published in 2009 titled, “Health Risks of Genetically Modified Foods,” talks about how one of the fears with GM crops revolves around the use of antibiotic resistant genes as markers in GM crops.

The concern is that these antibiotic resistant genes could be transferred to human gut bacteria and decrease the effectiveness of antimicrobial therapy and hence increase [B]antibiotic resistance[/B]. (15)

3. Cancer
In November 2012, the Journal of Food and Chemical Toxicology published a paper titled “Long Term Toxicity of Roundup Herbicide and a Roundup-Tolerant genetically modified maize.” This study received a lot of attention worldwide and for good reason — it was the first study to look at the possible effects of a GMO corn diet treated with [B]Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide[/B] under controlled conditions.

Somewhat strangely, the journal later retracted the article because “Ultimately, the results presented (while not incorrect) are inconclusive, and therefore do not reach the threshold of publication for Food and Chemical Toxicology.” (16)

However, this research study ended up being republished in 2014 by Environmental Sciences Europe, and it reveals that rats fed for two years with Monsanto’s glyphosate-resistant NK603 corn developed a lot more tumors and died earlier than controls. It also found that the rats developed tumors when glyphosate (Roundup), the herbicide used with GM corn, was added to their drinking water.

Female subjects developed large mammary tumors more frequently and before the control group. Meanwhile, males experienced four times more large palpable tumors starting 600 days earlier than in the control group, in which only one tumor was noted.

According to the study, the tumors were both cancerous and non-cancerous. The non-cancerous tumors were nearly as concerning or potentially devastating to health since they could cause the animals internal hemorrhaging, compression and obstruction of function of vital organs as well as the release of harmful toxins. (17)

Big win for Monsanto.

Was widely expected the when I saw the"American Congressional Delegation" taking pictures with JSKS at State House.
Those of us who still practice subsistence farming are sorted though.

Hapo awali hasla alifanya hadi Aromat ile ya red kuwa banned

Huwezi enda Bretton Woods kuitisha pesa na ukose kufinywa na akina Bill Gates

Tell Ruto to stop those things you cal vitamin to our animals yet they are growth hormone boosters.

I question what I eat.

Kuna time I was involved in a serious programme with a few farmers in Nyeri. not just farmers but a serious few farmers who wanted quick returns. Now, GMO is real, and GMo can be made from just a normal organization. just introduce the hormones and they alter the DNA of the organism and everything is done.

Throughout the project. i learnt that a calf can only take 6months and it is ready for slaughter. A kuku only takes 3 weeks to attain 2.5kg weight.

At the end of the project. farmers were happy but I pitty those Nairobians because all these produces were taken to feed nairobians.

how safe are you, if people around you are growing GMO’s due to cross pollination ?

GMO was already in Kenya.

the ban was only on paper

mshakula uchafu tayari

As long as @PHARMACY atanunua mahindi kwa bei mzuri hatuna shida sisi

Our biggest export market Europe has banned GMOs and may also ban our exports eg french beans, sweet corn etc due to the risk of cross pollination with GMOs.

Next week will be planting my vast grabbed lands with single aim ; no single mother bastard will sleep hungry huko kayole slums .

Gigantic primary school kids loading

:D:D

[ATTACH=full]469629[/ATTACH]

Arap Monsanto aliletewa orders kutoka Bidenstan

I have always wondered why finding a 14 year old American kid ako over 100kg si ngumu.

I thank God that our president is a botanist. Anaelewa hii maneno.
Keyboard activists have derailed exploitation of coal and nuclear energy at the expense of our very own industrial revolution.
It’s about time we did everything possible to achieve food security. It is indeed very embarrassing to be food insecure in the 21st century.

No wonder watu wanafura ma behinds. Bure kabisa. Ngombe ici