Bussiness idea

I have this buddy who has been to gulf for 10 yrs. Everytime he comes, ako na doh lakini his bussiness ideas hufail. So last yr he went back and he is coming on march na anataka i give him the best idea with a capital of 1M.
Myself i dont have a perfect one, na sitaki i suggest for him then it fails. I dont want to be balmed.
He’s been thinking of putting up a gas shop ,hii ya kuuza refilled gas. What idea do you guy have?

1 Like

Ambia yeye aweke pesa MMF na arudi gulf. Aweke kwa dollar denominated MMF.
Biashara environment is shitty in this country, he might lose his peasant funds to the government or thieving employees

4 Likes

Jamaa anadai hataki kurudi gulf tena. He want to start a life,he is fed up with Abdul shafting

If he is fed up with Abdul shafting is he going to survive Zakayo? Time will tell

2 Likes

Na 1 million bado hajachoka na hiyo shafting. Aweke pesa kwa MMF na arudi atafute zaidi. This is not the right time to start a business and 1M will not be sufficient. Avumilie tu akisave. Alternatively anunue shamba adjacent to home yenye haina scandal then he can sell it in 2-3 yrs when its value has increased otherwise atulie.

2 Likes

First yrs alinunua plot pale juja na shamba huko home. Sasa he want a bussiness.

Mwambie kwanza akuje atulie 3 months akisoma the current business environment. Then aangalie gaps zenye anaeza jaza ama solutions zenye anaeza provide bila kustruggle. Asikuwe na pupa. Thinking he will just fly back, swoop in and whitenight a business idea through this economy is a big delusion. Hii si wakati ya Kibaki.

1 Like

Tell him(I think ni wewe) to look for contacts of employment outsourcing agents huko gulf and when he comes back he can set up a small office in town to take people overseas. If he gets genuine connection and takes a few people out, he will get multiple referrals and the business will pick up and allow him to register formally with government authorities.
As for now, demand for people going out is very high as the youth and also the old have little hope with the Kenyan labor and business environment.

4 Likes

Tumia yeye link ya hi thread so he reads for himuselfu.

1 Like

1M is too little. He needs 10M+ to start anything meaningful. I’ll explain: every random Joe can get 1M which means such people almost always start the same type of businesses. Such businesses have low margins and involve too much headache. The reason he needs 10M is because with that, it’s easier to get into real businesses which have a higher barrier to entry. There’s not a lot of players in such initially capital intensive biashara. This means higher margins, potentially more honest employees, more loyal and moneyed customers etc.

1M ni kidogo sana kuweka lifeline yako

Can you give a example of a Business idea worth 10m?

Mneza kuwa agent wa anything: Mabroker wameomoka, minimal risks. From real estates, food, to exporting workforce! Huyu zakayo atamaliza hio 1m in 3 months

1 Like

Umedinya point. Most practical route based on his location and experience. By now anajua how the employment system ya mwarabu works so just needs to do the necessary research and hit the ground running akirudi mtaa.
Can even venture into other areas while this is operational.
This however can only work kama ako serious juu in my experience mtu ameshoiwa what biz to start vs mtu amejifanyia research akaja na biz idea …motivation ya kutia job hua different.

1 Like

One million sio kama ile ya Kitambo, an entry level job kwa hiyo pesa ni kama ile ya jobs mingi ziko kwa containers, Kinyozi, gas selling outlets, milk parlour, wines and spirits, buy and drive it kadudu Uber business.

Great idea but this market (gulf) is so oversaturated. If he could figure out a way to help people emigrate to USA/UK/Europe, then he’d be a millionaire in no time. Too bad the people in those countries are too comfortable to even consider helping people who are trying to move there. What I’ve seen is that people only help their siblings and very rarely, cousins and close friends.

Hapa Kwa Kijiji Kuna mtu alipewa advice. Apige hio pesa picha . Akue anyone coz that’s the only memory he will ever have. Hakuna biashara ya one m.

afadhali stick ya abdul analubricate with oil money…huku kwa zakayo tunapigwa stick dry dry…