Businesses Are Getting Hammered by Covid-19

Everyday more lay offs from companies. Ata serikari itakuja kuambia wafanyi kazi wake wajipange especially now that we have Imf and World Bank loans. Golden handshake ringing a bell.
Kwanza tufanye siasa ya bbi

I wanted a figure. Swali simple and you couldn’t answer because you know you’re lying. Your comments should be fact checked by Admin you’re a huge contributor to the infodemic.

Experienced this first hand na Equity…

If banks make the most money in your economy then that economy is doomed. But you are right… 2021 shall be remarkably painful in Kenya and elsewhere.

This recession/depression is unlike any other. It was not caused by a failure of economic fundamentals it is health based. So standard assessments are invalid. Because let’s say countries open businesses and cases spike… They close them again and more economic pain results and worse firms cannot plan. The retail apocalypse that us currently underway will decimate retail and real estate simultaneously and by extension the financial sector who financed the real estate. Tourism will take very long to recover. Again NPLs will spike as banks try to cover for these loans that will now be doubtful. I am not sure what skills shall be heeded but I know that businesses are moving online and technology solutions… Warehouses… Are good opportunities. But tread carefully. My 2cents are stay liquid. Cash.

The economic effects have just begun to be felt. Ngoja tu. You will be on death count very soon.

Not really. Food prices are bound to rise as nations profiteer. Russia and Khazakstan are already playing with global prices of wheat. Then please expand your assessment to include the lunacy of Geo political rivalry that could disrupt supply chains further. Nobody is safe in my view. Even in the food sector kuna wake watafunga.

I checked the prices of beef this morning, and to my surprise, it has doubled.

As the general economy falls spending falls. Vicious cycle. Communication may be last man standing but the firms will “trim the fat”… “rationalise business processes and costs so as to remain competitive” so expect layoffs there too. A depression spares nobody.

See? And bado. If one takes a peek at the commodity futures there is a major problem brewing in the food supply chain. Wheat and rice are 2 commodities that can spark social upheaval and even war. What started as some respiratory virus has brought us to this point. And in a world of 7bn the virus has only killed 300k? Why did nations shut down and the fatalities were so few? Fear overruled common sense. Those who fear mongered should be jailed.

What was the end game ? Let’s keep in mind there’re 5 more covid virus with no cure, and vaccine.

We have been had. Hii ni Social Engineering This looks to me like a grab for money and power. Wealth is concentrating in fewer hands as many SMEs globally collapse. The governments now have unparalled power. What I don’t fully get is the end game. But it will not be pretty. Nations will blame each other to escape tensions at home. Old Alliances(eg NATO) are broken. New ones are bring forged. I used to see WW3 lije a myth. These days I am not sure. After a war all debts are written off sio? And people start again tight? Hapa tumecheswo

Water is wet

Unless they mess with the prices of onions and tomatoes I am Safe.

:D:D