Bumped on this

Guys ; Do you know the world largest underground lake is in KALAHARI DESERT? Yes its in a desert. Africans we are blessed but we never realize. Now you know !

2 Likes

More info would be appreciated…Name of lake, what is the size,etc.

2 Likes

link, nitaclick at a kama sio cl

1 Like

Leta story yote. Mbicha, links, thermal and satellite images.

2 Likes

Thats really some @faceshiet

Have heard of this before but did not read more about it, I guess I will ask guglu.

Same way we were told almost 4 years ago that a large aquifer lies underneath a sizeable area of Turkana.No effort has since been made to make use of it.

5 Likes

By [U]Daniel Kelly[/U] on September 6, 2016

Africa’s Kalahari Desert used to be a much wetter place. Around 10,000 years ago, Lake Makgadikgadi covered most of the region before it went dry, [U]leaving behind massive dunes[/U].

But this region of Africa still has a little water left. Of course it gets rain — the wettest areas get around 20 inches each year while the driest receive 4 to 8 inches. The dryness belies that the Kalahari is home to Dragon’s Breath Cave, the largest underground non-subglacial lake in the world.

Discovery of the water body was made in 1986 and the cave, known for the humid air that rises from it, got its nickname. The lake at its bottom is so large that divers have only been able to chart its depths to 430 feet.

Thanks to a visit by the Discovery channel, we know that the lake has very clear water. Shielded from the elements, there is little wave action to kick up sediment. Its underground location keeps its water temperature stable.

Zero-sunlight conditions limit photosynthesis there. The only life forms are white shrimp and worm-like creatures, though some say it is home to [U]the golden catfish[/U], one of the world’s most isolated fish.

6 Likes

@Some Say, ni samak gani hio?

4 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

@Faceshret uko na shida gain?

2 Likes

Why

Naona ukiquote tu na husemi kitu.

Does it mean if I remain silent I’m a fool?

Acha tu hatuelewani.

2 Likes

Wavelength zimepitana.

3 Likes