Breathing While Black!

[SIZE=6]Off-Duty Texas Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, Kills Man Inside: Police [/SIZE]

Authorities are seeking charges against the Dallas officer in the fatal shooting of Botham Shem Jean.

[ATTACH=full]191966[/ATTACH]

A Dallas police officer who entered the wrong apartment, having allegedly mistaken it for her own home, and fatally shot a young man could be facing criminal charges, police said.

Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia, was killed Thursday night by a “Caucasian female” officer who entered the wrong apartment in her building, according to Dallas Police Chief U. Renee Hall. “This is a very unique situation,” Hall told reporters at a Friday afternoon press conference. “We have ceased handling it under our normal protocol as an officer-involved shooting.”

Hall said investigators are seeking a warrant for a manslaughter charge against the officer, who has since been placed on administrative leave. The chief said she would release the officer’s name if and when charges were filed.

Jean was a 2016 graduate of Harding University, a private Christian institution in Arkansas. “We’re all deeply grieved,” the university wrote in a statement obtained by The Dallas Morning News. “He was just one of those people who really stood out, with his voice and his leadership.” On his LinkedIn profile, Jean described himself as an “aspiring young professional” who worked as a risk assurance associate for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Dallas. “This is a terrible tragedy,” the company wrote on Facebook. “Botham Jean was a member of the PwC family in our Dallas office and we are simply heartbroken to hear of his death.”

The officer, a five-year veteran on the force, had completed a 12-hour shift and was off-duty when she entered the South Side Flats apartment complex at about 10 p.m. local time. Upon entering Jean’s apartment, she “fired her weapon striking the victim,” police said in a Friday press release.

[MEDIA=twitter]1038008979195133952[/MEDIA]
The officer called 911 and Jean was rushed to an area hospital where he later died. The officer who shot him was not physically hurt, according to police. Hall declined to comment on the officer’s activities prior to the shooting but did say that she was required to provide a blood sample for drug and alcohol testing.

“Right now there are more questions than we have answers,” Hall said. “We understand the concerns of this community, and that is why we are working as vigorously and as meticulously as we can to ensure the integrity of this case.”

The shooting is now under investigation by the Texas Rangers and the Dallas District Attorney’s Office. The dead man’s mother, Allie Jean, told NBC News she couldn’t understand how the officer mistakenly killed her son. “Somebody has to be crazy not to realize that they walked into the wrong apartment,” she said. “He’s a bachelor. Things are different inside and if you try your key and it doesn’t work, that should make you realize you’re at the wrong apartment. Every door for each apartment is also numbered.”

Botham Jean’s sister, Allisa Charles-Findley, wrote on Facebook that she’d recently been thinking about what to buy her “baby brother” for his 27th birthday later this month. “Now I have to go pick out your casket,” she wrote. “I love you with all of my heart. … Until we meet again my love.”

This is a good case where advocates against gun laws in first world countries can prove a point.

If cops had to give up their guns after completing a shift, she wouldn’t have had the gun as a first resort/reaction/solution to this situation.

It’s more of a “trigger happy” issue than a “race issue” in my opinion.

I mean, as a woman, if I was threatened by an unfamiliar man (black or white) I would try to talk myself out of a situation in the absence of some form of defence like a gun or mace. But if I could use a physical defence, I would. Forethought isn’t an affordable luxury when threatened.

The is the longest speech iv ever read from you . Nikwanjete. .actually you making lots of sense

No way you’ll walk into your own apartment, see that it isn’t yours then shoot the guy inside without some sort of motive.

How far apart were their apartments? Were they furnished in the exact same manner with the same key? Were they next to each other? Would you walk into a house on the wrong floor and still insist it’s yours to the point of shooting someone?

Sounds like those love gone sour stories or people who go crazy when rejected

Well put. On point.

Such young budding life taken away by a reckless officer. Our mistake as blacks is breathing.

This stinks to… She is a psychopath who was out to settle a score her story does not add up .

What race is the officer? Tuanzie hapo… if she is black then vile @kijana mrefu amesema hapo juu…a mjulubeng was involved somewhere…kama ni mbeberu then mjulubeng or racism

Yeah there is more to this story than what is being officially said, it look like this cop just wanted to finish that guy.

Do not be surprised to later on hear that she has been cleared of any wrong doing because she will use the “I feared for my life” get out of trouble card. Most killer white cops in USA only need that line to be cleared of any crime involving killing of black men.

Probably drunk, Campo hostels drunk guys ndio walikuwa wanapotea sana and they don’t notice door numbers or rooms with a different arrangement.
Huyu very likely charge itakuwa handling a weapon while drunk

Possible, but kifunguo?

ni

ningekwambia comprehension issues rafiki yangu lakini wacha tu:D:D:D:D:D[SIZE=1]Caucasian female.[/SIZE]…

he came to the thread with a framed response and overlooked the buildup

Swali ngumu. Either landlord alipiga kona akaweka similar locks, jamaa hakuwa amefunga mlango, au dame alianza kusumbua mlango na key haifungui jamaa kwenda kuangalia what is, boom boom…

Leo nimesoma thread ya @Amused

[MEDIA=twitter]1037222144558727174[/MEDIA]

na nasikia watu nyeusi waki-parrot ati fangi iwe huru…the cold war to keep the black man down is multi-pronged, multi-faceted. If you don’t have them unthinking through drugs, break up their families through jailing them and unrealistic, anti-male family laws. destabilize their homeostasis through random shootings, tear down their heroes …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzGpk4Rr_-c

[SIZE=7]Dallas Police Officer Enters Wrong Apartment, Kills Man Inside[/SIZE]

There’s this one time, I used to live on the third floor. So one day I think I must have been too focused on my phone. I go kama kawaida and opened “my house”, not with a key but just subconsciously pushed it while still staring at my phone. I nearly had a goddamn heart attack on coming face to face with five pairs of eyes staring back at me. My first thought was “what in the bloody hell are these strangers doing in my house?”. Even though the house wasn’t exactly furnished the same as mine, at that point it wasn’t possible that I could have gone one floor higher. It took me about 15 seconds to figure out what the fuck had happened, sahizo kila mtu amepigwa na butwaa, tunaangaliana tu kama TV. I finally apologized and excused myself. I wasn’t even drunk, but if I’d been carrying a weapon, I would have probably brandished it to teach those “trespassers” a lesson.
I’m not excusing murder, all I’m saying is sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do0PJHsk6tg

[SIZE=7]Man shot, killed after Dallas officer walks into wrong apartment[/SIZE]