BREAKING: Cuban state-run TV says Fidel Castro died at 7pm local time at age 90.

RIP
Cuba’s former leader Fidel Castro has died aged 90, state TV announces
[ATTACH=full]69834[/ATTACH]

RIP Mr. Castro.

[ATTACH=full]69835[/ATTACH]
RIP soldier

4 Likes

RIP Castro, great revolutionary.

http://www.snopes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/fidel-castro.jpg

27 Likes

rest in peace C.I.A tried to kill him several times

3 Likes

RIP Castro, but he cost his country so much. Country is stuck in the 60s.

2 Likes

Bay of Pigs invasion.

1 Like

I like how he stood up to the bully.

2 Likes

His people did not like him.

Would you rather be stuck in the 60’s or be in the era of eating 'nyama’while the rest of the populace swallow saliva… ?
Hii ni John mtembei inaongea sio mimi

4 Likes

Legend. RIP

1 Like

Stuck in he 60s, no freedom, constantly watched by the state, no choices, debilitating poverty and no opportunity to advance in life. You tell me.

RIP Castro…you were the REAL DEAL!

1 Like

May he rest in peace. Though as you have pointed out Cubans’ have paid a very high price to massage the ego of a few! Don’t know if it was worth it because at last they are towing the line

1 Like

President Raul should emulate his brothers fortitude

1 Like

HE was a Great Revolutionary leader only he didnt know when to retire.
RIP

1 Like

RIP Castro , you had balls of steel

1 Like

He fought for a noble cause, but a lot of external distractions and lots of propaganda

Cuba was supposed to become another Haiti. But they resisted, and survived with dignity. And along the way, they taught the world important lessons. Among the most important lessons is that education and health can be provided universally irrespective of a country’s economic performance. Did you ever wonder why 200 million people would feel threatened by a small island of 10 million people? Because the island presented a viable ideology, which, if left to function, would threaten the interests of the United States all over the world. Castro was a great man. His was never about ego but a strong belief in what he could achieve.

21 Likes

RIP great man Castro. Him and his friend Che Guevara tried to help Africans fight colonialism while our “friend” USA supported apartheid.

13 Likes