Brazil show imperialist middle finger

Brazil on Monday rejected aid from G7 countries to fight wildfires in the Amazon, with a top official telling French President Emmanuel Macron to take care of “his home and his colonies.”

“We appreciate (the offer), but maybe those resources are more relevant to reforest Europe,” Onyx Lorenzoni, chief of staff to President Jair Bolsonaro, told the G1 news website.
Lorenzoni was referring to a $20 million (Sh2 billion) pledge made at the G7 summit in France to fight the rainforest blaze.
“Macron cannot even avoid a foreseeable fire in a church that is a world heritage site. What does he intend to teach our country?” He continued, referring to the fire in April that devastated the Notre-Dame cathedral.

https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/world/Brazil-rejects-G7-aid-to-fight-Amazon-fires/3126396-5250288-6jqnvm/index.html

We are celebrating the burning of the Amazon forest, but crying about the Mau Forest.

That was a bit immature from Brazil, if the money was just a grant without conditions , then why reject it???
If these colonialists give anything that is not a loan, the first rule is to take, ask questions later…

Isn’t that how they pay back???

never has,never will be a free grant…i’m sure that is one of your life lessons,hakuna kitu cha bure…labda ikus,but thats not the point,you know what i mean

Not to mention the money is a bit derisory.
It’s only $20M not sure how much help it would do!

As much as it’s true, in this case of the Amazon i think these nations had no cards hidden, its like if there was a disaster in Kenya and some nations contributed funds, the fact is that it was a group of nations not just one,

Not every problem can be solved by money, this is what Brazil is telling that French clown.

There is nothing for free from these colonialistic countries. That is how they creep in and later on the songs of democracy get louder.

Your reasoning explains why most of Africa countries are poor and not fully independent.
Still view mzungu or western world as their saviour.
What is $20m to Brazil?

Consider this and you’ll see why Brazil were not so thrilled.
Donations Have Been Made to Help Rebuild Paris' Notre Dame | TIME

nah,believe me,that 20mil would come to haunt them a few years down the line,if not,then brazil would be in an armtwist obligation to help one of the benefactors in one way or the other

These imperialists pledge money but then use as an avenue to send their intelligence services and armies disguised as aid workers and before you know it they are formenting political takeovers. Even Mshenzi Maduro aliwaonea 18

ha ha i get you, anyway 20m USD ni matusi pia kwa nchi kubwa hivo