Boarding school is no different from jail

I went to boarding school from 1995-1998. I never liked anything about the experience. It’s a dehumanising experience that kids should not go through. It sets you apart from your parents and siblings at a time when you need them most. The period you are transiting from a child to a young adult. The first term in form one was hell. Homesick feeling coupled with the bullying from older boys. It makes you just wish to graduate to the next form so that you can bully the incoming form ones. You suddenly transform from a rational human being to a heartless beast. I believe guys who studied in day school with minimal bullying are better in most aspects. I don’t wish my kids to be in fucking boarding school. Actually I know some guys who were doing lbgtq stuff in high school and it’s simply because they had excessive libido

6 Likes

baluhia homosexual @kodiaga alikuwa ana hawk mkundu form two analipwa with a lump of ugali kisiagi

images (20)

6 Likes

Oh ma Gawd!

Sometimes use you brains to think , si kila saa unafikiria na your anus

3 Likes

Nikama ukiwa form 1 Kuna form 4 Ali ingiza kidole Kwa mkia

1 Like

Najua mundu mulosi alikuingiza

Kumbe wewe ni wa 1981

2 Likes

All the good schools eg Alliance, Mangu etc, which produce the future leaders/professionals, are not day schools.

2 Likes

Afadhali wewe ulienda form one… Some of us went from class 3…

3 Likes

Ulichelewa bas

1 Like

Enyewe this is torture. It makes a child very desensitised to parents saa ile mtoto ameshazoea kukaa boarding. It reaches a point you don’t care whether the parents are around or not. Pole bro.

2 Likes

Pole Sana. Your parents hated you to have sent you to boarding in std 3

5 Likes

I concur with you. I remeber a fellow ‘mono’ had one of his ‘batteries’ damaged due to bullying, all the while the school administration turned a blind eye. When it became too much, parents started transfering their kids to other schools while some of us who remained started sleeping in the bushes ndio administration wakaamka. That period of my life made me to really hate school.

6 Likes

Sigwes weka mtoto wangu boarding.

1 Like

I agree with you. In fact, boarding schools in Kenya don’t have the facilities to be actual boarding schools. A boarding school should have at minimum: a matron student ratio of 1:10, a dispensary for every house with a medical provider ratio of 1:10………same for libraries, numerous extracurricular activities, excellent food etc etc.

The problem with Kenya is that we inherited a system that was left to us by the British. Prior to that, these schools had excellent facilities and they had therefore met the threshold for being a BOARDING school. Flash forward to today and none of these schools even qualify to be called boarding schools (including the Alliances and the Lenanas).

If they were true boarding schools, the fees would shoot up 20 times and nobody would ever afford them. Sijui mbona Kenyans chase a bougie system only to have it half-baked because we all know there’s not enough money going around in this country. Those of us who went to proper boarding schools laugh at the dens you call national schools :joy::joy:.

Students in Kenya should be better off going to day schools. Boarding schools are too expensive for such a third world shithole country because they’ll never get the funding they need to achieve liveable conditions. If you still insist on taking your kid to boarding school, peleka yeye South Africa (very good boarding schools: I can vouch for Hilton college, Michaelhouse etc etc).

2 Likes

I learnt a very good life lesson boarding kujua ku survive juu mzae alikua ngati sana. Yaani mjamaa ni GM in one of the top banks in Kenya hio time lakini pocket money unapewa 100 bob for the whole term. Nilikua nafyeka hio pesa na loaf the first week halafu na survive mpaka end term na githeri na sembe.

5 Likes

National Bank?

Nope

Lol it was regular in the top 5 primary schools back when they used to rank them nationally so no, it was love not hate. And even though the experience was torture, in hindsight everything worked out well and I’d hate to think what might have happened to me if I hadn’t gone there