Architecture-Modern structures

Stunning modern structures like Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling water have long held our fascination, but as breathtaking as they are, these buildings are often plagued with structural issues.
Futuristic buildings have long been a fascination within the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry. In fact, with the advent of 3D printing, architects and engineers are discovering new ways to build what could be the houses of our future.

http://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1465308022/bigstock-Fallingwater-1798330_rydfjk.jpg
Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling-water, completed in 1938, is a modern structure designed to reflect an organic setting.
Structures like Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling-water were once the ideal vision of how our houses would look decades into the future. Falling-water was designed to maintain an organic aesthetic as well as demonstrate a sense of futuristic design. However, these unique and aspiring designs sometimes come with issues of their own.

Falling water was a stunning vision of modern design tucked into a natural setting with equally astonishing structural problems. The house was designed using cantilevers, a favorite of Wright’s. This became a grievous issue when the cantilevers began to deflect literally as soon as the construction crew left, eventually resulting a multi-million-dollar restoration.

Nowadays, AEC has a few new tricks up its sleeve—and these may just help us create that perfect vision of an ultra-modern and organic structure.

PROBABLE SOLUTION;
To date, there have been a few examples of successfully 3d printed buildings. Due to the unconventional construction method, these structures necessitate a different approach to design. They won’t have the traditional steel-and-concrete skeleton that makes up so much of our built environment.

One particular approach is the cellular fabrication technique. This building style involves the creation of a complex triangulated mesh out of a carbon fiber-reinforced ABS plastic material. This takes on the role of traditional I-beam and re bar and reduces the need for faulty cantilevers.

The mesh can then be sprayed with a more traditional building materials such as foam insulation and coated in concrete to create a hybrid structure.

8 Likes

As a peasant I can only dream of having such a building for a home… But if I was a tenderprenuer,who knows…

Don’t worry, you will get there.

In design school this was the benchmark for design until I discovered zaha hadid…

1 Like

Yeap, she inscribed her name in the Architectural arena.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaha_Hadid&ved=0ahUKEwii8py6867NAhUG1mMKHS4tDrYQFgifATAW&usg=AFQjCNHkcWgq7ldDIGRlAxQS4Et2cqjkVQ

She was 20yrs ahead of everyone i saw a recent ranking she was ranked no.9 in the world while frank was no.1 Wtf!!! check her design for the Tokyo stadium and you will realize she was not a kwaida architect.

sure, but you are missing the point of this article which is the challenge of construction complying with design and detailing which come from modern architecture, a good example being that of F.L.Ws’ falling water house.

1 Like

^^^Hawa watu wore hapa juu walikuwa wanaongea lugha gani jameni? Nimesoma zote na sija nyita any.