Anaesthesia ( relatation to the story of the french footballer Jean Pierre Adams )

Hizo hollywood doesn’t even work in reality. There’s never a team. It’s just you a doc a nurse and a anesthesiologist on the table together with a couple of techs. If things go wrong, they just pump you with a defibrillator. Usiporepond they put you on life support.

wueh ukweli guyz i didnt know an anesthesiologist is a full doctor , i think coz there are alot of quacks in the hospitals

You do know what CT scan entails?
Normaly it doesnt require sedation ,children and uncooperative adults (e.g., head-injured patients) may require sedation or general anesthesia to minimize motion. Did you ever take a photo but moved and the pic came out fuzzy? yeah,thats why one needs to be motionless…i did not go to a quack…kimeeleweka?

I presume that the docs position you in such a way that you can’t have any difficulty breathing including snoring.

improper anaesthesia will kill. unfortunately its very difficult to run away from anaesthesia. Your dentist can kill you by improper administration of local anaesthesia. a simple visit to the dentist to have a tooth treated of extracted could have you dead in minutes. very many scenarios you can die just like that.

Muniskize vizuri, ukiwahi kua na shida kubwa Kama surgery, usiwahi enda private hospital. Wengi munaogopa kupanga laini na peasants but trust me it’s worth it. In house private hospital negligence will be wrapped at all cost. Alafu private hospital want to Maximize profit so they will employ anyone they perceive cheap .

Hio ni opportunity nimeona.

There’ a general global shortage of anesthesiologists since it takes 12 years to be fully certified and in serious countries a refresher course every two years or so to maintain certification

In some cases, you are even offered to bring in your consultant anesthesiologist that you are comfortable with and as a precaution you need to attend a pre anesthesia clinic / check to verify you have no conditions that would put you in danger if put under.

Nimeona ivo. They have raised the standards sana. I wish it can be studied separately for a short while.

Kwani how hard can it be? Si ni kudunga tu mtu anesthesia alafu you sit there observing the screens and vitals.

If he doesn’t go under, unaongeza kidogo.

Standards will not be lowered to fit mediocrity. People are not cattle, one life lost due to poor calibration is too many.

Personal experiences are not the best yardstick for giving advice especially if it’s not informed.
Just because a person walked into a hospital does not mean they are fit health wise. There could be subtle cardiovascular anomalies, renal ,liver issues one is not aware of.

Kuna kitu inaitwa pre anaesthetic assessment. Especially for major surgery or patients above 60 yrs, patients with underlying conditions eg asthma, diabetes, renal failure, heart conditions, history of blood clots, thyroid disease etc. It’s is meant to assess risk and suitability to undergo anaesthesia. If they are not picked complications zinaanza sawa ikipeanwa ama anaesthesiologist anashindwa kuamsha patient ( failed reversal).

Sometimes even the drugs themselves are defective. Unapata expired drugs are used, saa zingine they are substandard leading to overdose while trying to maintain or initiate anaesthesia.

Severe drug reactions are also a cause. Some are so rare most of senior anaesthesiologist have never even encountered them. Identifying them quickly is key.
Then Kuna pure cases of negligence. Anaesthesiologist and anaesthetists are most health care workers known to abuse this drugs akina ketamine etc. Also alcoholism. So some will fuck up during this instances.
In short causes of death from anaesthesia is not as straight forward as people think. Part of consent for surgery is the various risks and risk of death. People always forget that part

Kenya imejaa wakora