An Entrepreneur's lonely life

Maybe it is just me but running a business is like being a matatu driver. Very exciting challenges, always around people, pays when you put in the work, you make friends easily but then you have to be careful not to be too friendly as you’ll be giving out free rides. Sure you have your fellow drivers around you, but you have to remember they are always in competition with you.

At the end of the day you’ll go home tired as hell…sleep, wake up tomorrow…same cycle.

4 Likes

People who are comfortable in their loneliness are the ones who make it to the top. Embrace the loneliness, savor it.

A lot of people can’t stand being alone. They’re always in a group. They eat and travel in groups, hell they even go to the bathroom in groups. Some won’t invest in anything unless their friend-group is. Despite what everyone will tell you about moving further when you’re together, I’m here to tell you that it’s bullshit!

To achieve greatness and immerse oneself fully towards a particular endeavor requires that you cherish being by your lonesome. It’s the only way to focus. You have to learn about yourself as a person - your strengths, your weaknesses, your guilty pleasures etc. It’s impossible to do that when you’re always in the warmth of your group :joy:. That’s why the term monk-mode is so common in motivational circles. You need to be alone for a non-specific period of time to explore the depths of your capabilities and reach your potential.

If you can comfortably do everything alone without any feelings of depression, anxiety or regret then I’m willing to bet my life on the fact that you’ll be very successful at what you do.

3 Likes

Nakubaliana na @applebee100 if you dont love your own company huwes toboa

Being an entrepreneur means daily planning and brainstorming new approaches, all while juggling personal commitments and business responsibilities. As the founder of three businesses, I only find time for myself on Sundays. Ktalk is where I unwind; otherwise, I’d be susceptible to stress-related illnesses.To succeed, it’s essential to delegate tasks unless you’re willing to sacrifice your sanity. I aim to establish a global presence hata kama nitacheza within East Africa. Its been my dream bana!