AI and the World

Do you think it will bring more benefits to the World or more harm?

Personally I think AI might have some really good things but I think overally in the long run they will be a danger to the world because they can be used for manipulation especially for young kids who have not yet good critical thinking skills. AI has got ability to kill critical thinking and the dangers people exposed to when it collects tons of private information.
These technologies have got tons of information and they can propagate their own propaganda. Its so sad now we dont have any legislation to regulate AI and they are already in use.

South Korea seems to be already ahead of curve. In South Korea AI tools like ChatGPT and Google Bard are banned for kids less than 15 years of age

2 Likes

how can you ban AI?

It’s used in almost all modern devices.

Most people limit the term “AI” to language models like ChatGPT. But “AI” is Much more.

1 Like

Yeah i mean most of those language models are banned for kids below 15 years in South Korea

You raise valid concerns about the potential drawbacks of AI, particularly its impact on privacy, critical thinking skills, and the risk of manipulation. While it’s essential to acknowledge these risks, it’s also important to recognize the immense benefits that AI can bring to the world.Exploring solutions like ai assistant for business, can provide insights into how AI can be leveraged responsibly in various contexts. By embracing AI in a thoughtful and strategic manner, we can harness its potential to solve complex problems and improve our lives while mitigating potential risks.

If you really think about it, everything is AI, all you know or think about you have been modeled to by some system. Christianity, capitalism etc

This is AI itself speaking . I am very sure you got this from Google Gemini or ChatGPT

For us who grew up in 80s n 90s we remember the Kodak moment. Those family photos!!. “Kodak Moment” is also synonymous to a cautionary tale of a once-dominant company that failed to adapt to changing times and ultimately paid the price for it. Kodak became complacent and failed to adapt to new technologies and approaches, which ultimately led to them losing market share or relevance.
"Kodak management failed to adapt to the digital age photography, which led to the company decline and bankruptcy in 2012. Hence despite having a monopoly in photography industry, Kodak failed to keep up with the rapid pace of technological change and the shift from traditional film-based photography to digital photography. To avoid this “Kodak Moment” danger, organizations and their human resources must continually embrace learning and adapting to new developments and exploring new avenues for growth and innovation. AL is a perfect example of adapting change