Africans ruled Europe for almost 800 years!

Tired of the self hate in this kijiji and being a history buff, Ive decided to educate the the ignorant oafs who font believe there existed African civilisations long before the muzungu invasion
You can read the book “The story of the moors in Spain”

Moors derived from the Latin word “Maurus,” the term was originally used to describe Berbers and other people from the ancient Roman province of Mauretania in what is now North Africa. Over time, it was increasingly applied to Muslims living in Europe. Beginning in the Renaissance, “Moor” and “blackamoor” were also used to describe any person with dark skin.

Al-Andalus circa A.D. 756

In [SIZE=5]A.D. 711[/SIZE], a group of North African Muslims led by the Berber general, Tariq ibn-Ziyad, captured the Iberian Peninsula (modern Spain and Portugal). Known as al-Andalus, the territory became a prosperous cultural and economic center where education and the arts and sciences flourished.

Over time, the strength of the Muslim state diminished, creating inroads for Christians who resented Moorish rule. For centuries, Christian groups challenged Muslim territorial dominance in al-Andalus and slowly expanded their territory. This culminated in [SIZE=5]1492[/SIZE], when Catholic monarchs Ferdinand II and Isabella I won the Granada War and completed Spain’s conquest of the Iberian Peninsula. Eventually, the Moors were expelled from Spain.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/The_True_Negro_2a.htm

[ATTACH=full]286611[/ATTACH]

Portrait of a moor, Pheladelphia art museum
African Moors in Spain who introduced learning and civilization in Spain

[ATTACH=full]286610[/ATTACH]
Tarik and his Black army swept up into Spain and defeated the Visigoths in successive stages

• capturing and consolidating Spanish towns from the south including Toledo and Cordoba

After the collapse of the Roman Empire multitudes of white warring tribes from the Caucasus were pushed into Western Europe by the invading Huns. The Moors invaded Spanish shores in 711 AD and African Muslims literally civilized the wild, white tribes from the Caucus. The Moors eventually ruled over Spain, Portugal, North Africa and southern France for over seven hundred years.

Although generations of Spanish rulers have tried to expunge this era from the historical record, recent archaeology and scholarship now sheds new light on how Moorish advances in mathematics, astronomy, art, and philosophy helped propel Europe out of the Dark Ages and into the Renaissance.

One the most famous British historians Basil Davidson, noted that during the eighth century there was no land “more admired by its neighbours, or more comfortable to live in, than a rich African civilization which took shape in Spain”.

The Moors were unquestionably Black and the 16th century English playwright William Shakespeare used the word Moor as a synonym for African.

Education was universal in Muslim Spain, while in Christian Europe, 99 percent of the population was illiterate, and even kings could neither read nor write. The Moors boasted a remarkably high literacy rate for a pre-modern society. During an era when Europe had only two universities, the Moors had seventeen. The founders of Oxford University were inspired to form the institution after visiting universities in Spain. According to the United Nations’ Education body, the oldest university operating in the world today, is the University of Al-Karaouine of Morocco founded during the height of the Moorish Empire in 859 A.D. by a Black woman named Fatima al-Fihri.

In the realm of mathematics, the number zero (0), the Arabic numerals, and the decimal system were all introduced to Europe by Muslims, assisting them to solve problems far more quickly and accurately and laying the foundation for the Scientific Revolution.

The Moors’ scientific curiosity extended to flight and polymath, Ibn Firnas, made the world’s first scientific attempt to fly in a controlled manner, in 875 A.D. Historical archives suggest that his attempt worked, but his landing was somewhat less successful. Africans took to the skies some six centuries before the Italian Leonardo Da Vinci developed a hang glider.

Clearly, the Moors helped to lift the general European populace out of the Dark Ages, and paved the way for the Renaissance period. In fact, a large number of the traits on which modern Europe prides itself came to it from Muslim Spain, namely, free trade, diplomacy, open borders, etiquette, advanced seafaring, research methods, and key advances in chemistry.

At a time when the Moors built 600 public baths and the rulers lived in sumptuous palaces, the monarchs of Germany, France, and England convinced their subjects that cleanliness was a sin and European kings dwelt in big barns, with no windows and no chimneys, often with only a hole in the roof for the exit of smoke.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/history-how-african-muslims-civilized-spain/5583981

It’s called “feel good” historical facts with no bearing to today.

Find something current to feel good about Africa…and Good Luck!

that’s why it’s called the " dark ages" no whites want to remember that period

[SPOILER=“Guess what?”][ATTACH=full]286613[/ATTACH][/SPOILER]

After the collapse of the Roman Empire multitudes of white warring tribes from the Caucasus were pushed into Western Europe by the invading Huns. The Moors invaded Spanish shores in 711 AD and African Muslims literally civilized the wild, white tribes from the Caucus. The Moors eventually ruled over Spain, Portugal, North Africa and southern France for over seven hundred years.

Although generations of Spanish rulers have tried to expunge this era from the historical record, recent archaeology and scholarship now sheds new light on how Moorish advances in mathematics, astronomy, art, and philosophy helped propel Europe out of the Dark Ages and into the Renaissance.

One the most famous British historians Basil Davidson, noted that during the eighth century there was no land “more admired by its neighbours, or more comfortable to live in, than a rich African civilization which took shape in Spain”.

The Moors were unquestionably Black and the 16th century English playwright William Shakespeare used the word Moor as a synonym for African.

Education was universal in Muslim Spain, while in Christian Europe, 99 percent of the population was illiterate, and even kings could neither read nor write. The Moors boasted a remarkably high literacy rate for a pre-modern society. During an era when Europe had only two universities, the Moors had seventeen. The founders of Oxford University were inspired to form the institution after visiting universities in Spain. According to the United Nations’ Education body, the oldest university operating in the world today, is the University of Al-Karaouine of Morocco founded during the height of the Moorish Empire in 859 A.D. by a Black woman named Fatima al-Fihri.

In the realm of mathematics, the number zero (0), the Arabic numerals, and the decimal system were all introduced to Europe by Muslims, assisting them to solve problems far more quickly and accurately and laying the foundation for the Scientific Revolution.

The Moors’ scientific curiosity extended to flight and polymath, Ibn Firnas, made the world’s first scientific attempt to fly in a controlled manner, in 875 A.D. Historical archives suggest that his attempt worked, but his landing was somewhat less successful. Africans took to the skies some six centuries before the Italian Leonardo Da Vinci developed a hang glider.

Clearly, the Moors helped to lift the general European populace out of the Dark Ages, and paved the way for the Renaissance period. In fact, a large number of the traits on which modern Europe prides itself came to it from Muslim Spain, namely, free trade, diplomacy, open borders, etiquette, advanced seafaring, research methods, and key advances in chemistry.

At a time when the Moors built 600 public baths and the rulers lived in sumptuous palaces, the monarchs of Germany, France, and England convinced their subjects that cleanliness was a sin and European kings dwelt in big barns, with no windows and no chimneys, often with only a hole in the roof for the exit of smoke.

History: How African Muslims "Civilized Spain" - Global ResearchGlobal Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

I was posting to help some decolonise the mind and for educated people, people with a thirst for knowledge and people with a capacity to think!

Try thinking, if it was a feel good historical fact perhaps ALL history is" feel good" and we wouldn’t be learning about Attila the Hun, ancient Greece or the Roman Empire which coincidentally came before the Moorish empire . . . .

Not everybody’s into history and the past.

“Development” by itself describes “Forward” and not “Backward”… Keep decolonizing and blaming colonialism for your shortcomings and see where that ends up.

Patty, inbox is open. I’m available to talk and can hook you up with a certified counselor.

I came across Moorish civilization records a while ago and I was deeply humbled by their infrastructure and education levels.

I dont blame colonialism, I seek to debunk myths perpetuted in this village by some unschooled villagers.

If you don’t know who you are and where you’re coming from how can you tell whether your moving forward or backwards , developing or regressing?
An honest self assessment/ stock taking is called for and that includes your historical capabilities.
If you’ve been convinced by your oppressors that your past has had no great architects, doctors, physicists etc and that they hold all the solutions you’re doomed to perpetual slavery.

Same here, I shocked that we were not taught that history in school.

I was never quite seduced by Christianity as a young boy, it always seemed to me a foreign and disinterested spiritual path.

After I learned to maneuvere fb I went after the black consciousness pages and I was horrified to find out what the colonialists did to the slaves, especially the south.

I can never understand the willful ignorance uncle Tom’s display here in praise of ‘developed’ nations.

Especially the conversion process

Today’s Africans are not the same

that includes your mom though…

My friend, name a tree that grows without roots.

So Africans developed backwards despite the apparent headstart?

Will you say the same for the Chinese?

Chinese ni mtaftaji wa dunia, as I heard from a different forum.

Religion has been used and abused throughout history to gain power.
Both christians and muslims have used religion to oppress others but we have to remember that christianity is a middle eastern religion just like islam.

Slavery was a horrific business, they even had a seperate bible for slaves that taught them that slavery was Gods plan for them as “the decendants of Ham”, omitted “the exodus” when israelis escaped from slavery in egypt and anything to do with freedom and equality.