Africa to have one currency

The solution for Africa’s economic situation is to have a single currency. Africa as a whole should form an economic union. That will improve trade within Africa and reduce Africa’s dependence on the dollar. Gaddafi dream is now ripe.

3 Likes

You will mess up the whole continent!

6 Likes

You are not a Pan-Africanist

3 Likes

I am a realist. We are mentally under-developed as a continent to rally behind a common cause that will be beneficial to all of us as a collective. Selfish interests prevail over anything else in any form of leadership in Africa.

6 Likes

That was maybe 10 years or even 2 years ago. People are now increasingly aware of the fraud the US is in pushing their agenda using the dollar and other crooked means. For a start, East Africa needs a single currency. Ruto is ready, Kagame is ready, M7 is ready, and so are the somalis, Burundians and Congolese…

3 Likes

You will relegate Kenya back 1000 years if you try to merge East African currency. Tz & Ug are far behind Kenya by miles.

2 Likes

We’re not saying we’ll ditch the Kenyan or other country’s currencies, what we’re saying is that there should be a common currency. Correction for that. Also, remember how the European Union currency (Euro) works. E.A or Africa as a whole can borrow notes

1 Like

That was the rallying cry of the Late Pan Africanist Kwame Nkrumah [RIP] .
As early as 1960 , He proposed that we have the United States of Africa based on the belief that Unity is Strength …

The sad reality is that Africa will NEVER be fully United …

The Main REASONS:

• Too many vested interests [ Power , Politics , Religions ]
  • Too many Bad Faith Actors , Morons , Ethnic Chauvanists and Opportunists in Leadership.
6 Likes

Daktari, there are no insurmountable odds and as long as the many of us harbor this will, we will realize the dream.

2 Likes

I was part of the opening up of the Democratic Space in this country after the devastating 24 Year Nyayo Error …

But look at where we are today with those 2 Kenya Kwisha Hustler Conmen , First Daughters , Bimbos and Oppotunists …

Are we moving FORWARDS … or … BACKWARDS …??? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree, as a country we are in a conundrum. Even then, disappointed as we are that things aren’t moving at the right pace, we still stand a chance to redeem ourselves as Africans in our lifetime. The fact that we are questioning the ills around us and harbor the will to improve and also know the solution to our problems, we can get there. One day.

2 Likes

Ujinga. Tumekataa

Kuwa mpole and drink some chicken soup

Ati sasa tutumie same currency na Somalia, Sudan etc? Pan africanists wapunguze bangi

3 Likes

I think Africa is a shithole continent governed by shitty leaders,why would we want to introduce a common ground for us to become shittier?

6 Likes

Aahaaa ,
Finally getting somewhere now …

• How did we become a “shithole” continent …??

• Why do we allow “shitty” Leaders to govern us and control our destinies …??

• How do we find commong ground to make us become less “shittier” …???

Toa Maoni Fupi Fupi … :blush:

1 Like

What’s the harm my bro? Aren’t they our brothers? Or we just have to hate fellow blacks?

2 Likes

Good questions for a starting point.
But we must remember perfection can never be found amongst men. Even the west have their own share of Ills. It’s only the levels and forms that differ.

As East Africa and as Africa, we can have one problem less to talk about by limiting our reliance on the dollar and having a common currency. I submit.

2 Likes

Mmmm…
But …
My 3 Questions above still need to be addressed … :blush:

A summary- Majority of Africans are semi-illiterate tugeges :grin:

1 Like