A Word From The Book - Friday Summon

Kwa wenye tuliachaa pombe acha tulewe kiroho kidogo brethrens:

1 John 2:16
“For all that is in the world the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father but is of the world.”

There are many lusts of the flesh in the church world today. For example, there is approbation lust. Some Christians live for praise. This is what stimulates and motivates them. It is worse than drug addiction. Their philosophy is this, “If someone praises me, I am good. Maybe I am better than most.”

Some people give money for human recognition. They want their church to think well of them. They may give for a very worthy cause, but if recognition at the heart of it, it is worldliness. “Oh, I get my name on a bronze plaque for giving more than others.” The purpose of this kind of life is human recognition.

It is one thing to show appreciation for service, but it is another thing to stroke pride in people. Appealing to the approbation lust of people to serve the Lord is no justification for service. If we approach Christianity this way, people will work their hearts out to gain recognition, but they will not please the Lord.

2 Likes