A male friend in a dilemma

That bibi mwingine comment is all your ‘friend’ needed to spur him on, I can understand disagreements but some statements cannot be taken lightly in a monogamous relationship.

Divorce za Kenya sio kama za majuu, omwami … Huku unaenda na ile Jamvi ulileta… You must quantify your contribution in real terms…
That kungurus contribution in 3yrs must be loose change…and from the look of things she must have been a distressful liability

I can’t seem to wrap my head around all the divorce comments. Are you people not married to understand the usual squabbles and spats. It doesn’t mean you throw away the entire relationship because of one small disagreement!

Sharing matrimonial property on divorce - Business Daily

Contribution in this Act is not restricted to money and also includes child care, domestic work, companionship, farm work, and management of a family business. Contributions are important here because property that was owned by one spouse can become matrimonial property based on contribution to its improvement by the other spouse.

You are leaving yourself at the mercy of the smarts of lawyers and the whims of a judge.
One could find themselves on a slippery slope. And remember Laws are amended all the time. The Marriage Act was amended in 2014 to make it more progressive. And could be amended again. So trade carefully.

You don’t squabble in the first 7yrs… Especially not at this level… Hiyo ni nuks… Can you imagine them on the 13th yr?

Soma tena post ya OP and then wager how much you reckon that kunguru has contributed in the three years they’ve been pamoja, even if we allow her to quantify by forfeiture…

He may be in the clear for now (maybe). But what if they do not get divorced soon. Say 4 years down the road is when they finally call it quits. Why wager that no amendments shall have been made to the law by then? What’s the benefit in Marriage that’s worth that wager?

Noooo, this is a very small issue. The wife has a point and I don’t think she’s cheating, maybe just a little frustrated that she overspoke. If finances aren’t a big issue why move into the middle of a jungle, just to say you live in your house? That house can be their second home for weekend retreats but weekdays they should stay put at Waiyaki way for convenience. Those who work know there’s nothing more sublime than getting to work in 15 minutes flat. What about the risk of getting into an accident because you’re exhausted by the long commute or the risk of being carjacked and robbed? It’s hard to give concrete advice without knowing which part of the Kite dustbowl their house is located, but I think they should consider renting the bungalow and use that money to offset their rent at Mt view.

Alafu @mpendakazi assets aside, kuna the second problem of alimony.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2001280103/men-to-continue-paying-for-their-rich-ex-wives-upkeep

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/men-may-be-forced-to-declare-their-wealth-in-alimony-suits-185358

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018-05-12-judges-say-men-to-continue-sorting-ex-wifes-bills-after-divorce/

Women whose marriages break down have reason to smile after the Supreme Court, in a precedent-setting ruling, left intact a decision giving them the right to seek payments from their ex-husbands.

The ruling delivered Friday is a major blow to husbands as they are now obligated to pay alimony to their estranged wives — regardless of whether the women have moved on or not.

Imagine paying upkeep for an ex-wife that’s being banged by your former neighbor.

Hapo sasa…Ukiwahi skia kunguru akisema ati msihame mahali na alete fujo for nothing, hapo iko mambo… Especially if she says atafute bibi mwingine. It means she’s already sorted na hako ready kupitia inconveniences zitabreak hio rship ingine…

Nimeona rship kama hizi mingi sana zkibreak ju bibi hataki kushift. Cheating ndio inakuanga reason…

I agree with you.
Some time back three of us had plots in kitengela.
My cousin-yenye alijenga nyumba 30 za mabati with comunal water and electricity. She rented them out to the casuals working at the cement, steel and EPZ factories. The rent collected was able to pay rent in Ngumba and remain with enough to party.
My Colleague- yeye aliamua ajenge nyumba ya kuishi. Alistruggle akajenga na loans hapa na pale akafunika madirisha na gunia akaingia bila maji wala stima, floor alikuwa anapiga plaster room moja per month. Week 1 aliibiwa tires za gari, next month mvua ilinyesha elnino style… they used to work in Westlands walikuwa wanalala kwa gari wanafika home 3.00am for three weeks. Children were stressed.
Mnyama Fulani-nilichora hesabu… The badly polluted air was not conducive to rear children. I needed a nice cool quiet place.
and decided this was not a place to build my future home… I sold it topped up bought elsewhere.

Judging from recent court rulings, feminists will have it even harder

Look up recent court rulings on alimony. I’ve posted 3 above.

Mtu ushaambiwa utafte bibi mwengine bado unasema ati she overspoke?

That comment about kutafuta bibi mwingine from out of nowhere is a red flag. Cheaters always say such things to justify in their minds that at least they gave you a choice or fair warning. Jamaa aende Kitengela and he should take his wife’s advice, atafute bibi mwingine huko. Meanwhile he should get his ducks in a row with a lawyer. If living arrangements are a deal breaker then that relationship definitely won’t end well.

Usimwache sahizi… I think be passive na usicreate chaos ati mhame… Endelea kulipa rent and rent out your home… Reason I’m saying this is because she’s already ahead of you…

Anajua even if you leave her now, she has the emotional upper hand na it won’t hurt her by much mkiachana. Stay put. One day when you are able to make the decision without serious consequences, mwambie kama hataki kukufuata ajikate… Or just keep paying forever. Whichever works…

This alpha male bullshit na kuhofia kumegewa ndiyo zinaongoza maamuzi? Kama anamegwa nje location A itashindikana nini kumegwa nje location B?

By wife do you mean ni come we stay, traditional wedding, AG or ya Kanisa? Do they have kids? Lakini commuting from Kite to Parki it’s tiresome. Hope ana pewa fuel mileage.

Sioi hata kidogo. Fuuuuurrrrrrkkkkkk!

Mgtow=Freedom… give a woman an inch ,she takes a mile,the beta male should take what is his and move to kitengela and leave the cheating ,clout chasing hoe huko .