65 Inch Smart TV 4K

Asante sana!

What’s up with supermarket tvs nowadays? I’m still using a Samsung TV I bought from nakumatt in 2012

1 Like

Nunua LG,

Sure… Though the choices even in the LG model set is very very wide…

Overpriced for old tech. You will get a television that’s approximately 3-4 generations behind with a sticker price for 2022 units. Alternatively, their newer units will have approx 20-35% markup compared to prices in electronics shops.

1 Like

True… However, there is very high probability of buying counterfeits in those shops than in the supermarkets… I think one has to be careful and determine the specs then look for the genuine one at the best price possible…

What’s wrong with supermarket tvs if you don’t mind me asking? My 65inch 4k Samsung seven series serves me well superb display 124k only… Saa hii naona iko 106k

1 Like

Why not at supermarket. I bought my LG at Naivas and so far so good. Atleast sikuenda Luthuli Avenue where you buy a SQNY na usiniambie story za walalo

1 Like

Imported a Vizio Oled when they had those black Friday sales mayolo. Kama huna haraka can wait and purchase

I can wait but I am looking at the features… before I make a decision…

Has everything you want and more…and impossibly thin. Like it’s really thin. I’m assuming you’ll run it off wi-fi?

Thats the key features of OLED TVs. Even the LG naambia @Jimjones is razor thin, like thinner than a phone.

Yes. It will be on Wi-Fi and also on DSTV… I use my laptop or the H/ Theater to access the Internet on my current Sony TV

Why would anybody need DSTV in this time and age? I recently got connected to Safaricom’s 8mbps and I can stream 1080p so smooothly. Which means I can basically stream anything that is streamable.

What I am looking for are generic specs to look out for before I select the brand: Like

1. Size 65"
  2. Resolution 4K
  3. Screen Type OLED
  4. O/S ? Android - I see from comments above that it is very slow to load after switching on TV, Web OS Better?
  5. SMART
  6. Multiple HDMI, USB Ports…
  7. What else?
1 Like

Sure…

Apple airplay, Chromecast, Alexa assistant , 120hz refresh…

No. 4 and 5 are basically the same thing. If these are your irreducible minimum, then choose between the LG C series and sony A90J. They are the only OLED TVs in Kenyan market that falls within your price range. Of course there is the A series and G series but they are way high up there.

Okay… They are the same, though I assume that the OS is different for different TVs… Does the Sony one have a fast loading OS… Of course, I would be more biased towards Sony if it indeed fits the performance parameters above… And the Sony A90J is costing way above the 200k budget it seems…

Then the C is your viable option. Its runs on WebOS, the best TV OS out there. We are assuming importing is not part of the options.