45th Tribe

Hii ni kikuyu. Ulimi ndio tofauti.

Kwa hivyo nyinyi nakaribiana na wale wengine wanaita mahindi oduma…au mliwakabidhia hapo maseno?

2 Likes

Tuliwakabidhi maneno kadhaa ya lugha. Hawakuwa wakulima, walikua wafugaji mostly, so majina mengi ya mimea ya kupandwa wanayo yatumia tuliwakabidhi.

Kama Viazi tunaita mabwoni. Wanaita Rabwon
Maharagwe tunaita Maganda
wanaita Oganda

Hao pia wametukabidhi maneno kadhaa kama majina ya samaki tofauti tofauti

3 Likes

Read as fundi. Fundi yaani fundi enye unajua in kiswakingi. Not sure it’s kikuyu borrowed that from swa or it’s swa that borrowed that from kikuyu.

3 Likes

So the name is valid, as in commonly used among some agikuyu ?

Not commonly used in naming though. Ukiskia someone with that name, most probably he hails from that region. I have a friend called that.

1 Like

I thot it was an ostrich; nevertheless kikuyu there is no ‘f’ so bundi will be pronounced as fundi, it’s a Bantu/Swahili word.

1 Like

Maize in Lusoga is Duma.

1 Like

Hata sisi Wabukusu tuwe recognized as 46th tribe coz we pronounce letter “p” as “b” and “b” as “v” but using both lips instead of the lower lip and upper teeth as in letter “v”

2 Likes

wabukusu ni waganda

Ongeza N hapo mbele inakuwa arrow roots in kikuyu

1 Like

in my dialect Nduma (arrowroots) is iNduma (single) iZinduma (Plural)

Wewe wacha. kwani they ought to talk like you do?

1 Like

Nduma is used both as singular and plural word in Kikuyu

1 Like

That’s why i’m suggesting that they talk a variant of Kikuyu language or a kikuyu dialect and they should be considered a tribe just like the mbeere or at least a kikuyu subtribe.

Subtribe means that those talking other dialects should consider themselves subtribes if they view the kirinyaga as a subtribe. That air of superiority weka chini.
But I dont think they are kikuyus anyway even though I cant speak for them.

No, just saying. I have roots from hizo sides and I don’t even know how to speak io language, coz ni ka nliimprove.

Uliimprove ukakaa aje? Kwani ulikuwa unaongea lugha ya nyani?

:D:Dmeffi. I just said sjui hiyo lugha.

Thats a minus. Hujui lugha ya kwenu.