3 Bedroom Maisonette in Kikuyu(KShs 5.95m) (Thogoto Gikambura Area)

Due diligence here is very key. My challenge with constructing your own house is you miss out on the community aspect that an estate provides.

Mohammed Bin Laden was a friend of the King what do you expect. The billions came naturally.

Yaani baada ya Gakuyo, Urithi, Banda Homes na Ile ya Suraya bado kuna watu wanatafutana na shadowy developers wanunue nyumba off plan? Isorait. But design naona inaweza.

Utalia choo period!!! Unless developer ni Chineese kama Ederman, Cytonn and likes whuch are usually overpriced…Offplan ni machozi direct

Nunua halafu ulete hekaya.

Not really… One just needs to protect themselves well…

Offplan mara mob utapata deal poa Sana as compared to finished product.

Halafu the developer scene had gotten a bit more organised than a few years back.

Plus one just needs to learn how to protect themselves… Like requesting and being willing to undertake performance bonds…
Ensuring there are duty of care clauses in the purchase contract that hold the developer and his consultants and contractors liable for any aspect of non performance long after construction is completed… At least a significant portion of a typical mortgage term period (10-25yrs)

Halafu nobody speaks of the benefits of off plan, you have the chance to choose and customize your finishes and fittings, maybe even room partitioning to an extent…

You also benefit from service infrastructure like roads power and Street lighting stuff that you would probably never get if you built solo… And would cost you more if you were to buy finished units…

To be brutally honest, the planning is rubbish… The dining doesn’t work, won’t fit a decent diner table as implied in that graphic…
That staircase doesn’t work. The toilet at ground floor is either in accessible or has a raised floor and ceiling hence too low…

Kitchen is super small… And not a good idea not to have the kitchen door exit from the kitchen. No decent covered utility area as well… A kitchen needs a kitchen verandah however small

Makes a lot of sense …thanks had not noticed all those design flaws

Ukiona hivi, jua kuna mchezo inaendelea hapo… Either consultants haven’t been paid their dues in full yet,…
Or they are protecting themselves against wale wezi wa kurokota plan na kuenda kuanza kujenga nayo bila consulting professionals…

The valuation for this one is good, but I would love to ask about the whole house dimensions in square metres, thats how I easily understand. You need to check that the developer is a good guy, otherwise itakuwa tears like this one I have seen posted somewhere.
[ATTACH=full]319103[/ATTACH]

It’s a good post-COVID design and affordable. I hope to see more of these. As for the off-plan elephant in the room, you’d rather wait for it to be complete rather than burn your fingers. It’s good though,

one of my clients ako kwa hio biz, he finances the whole projects, supervises it himself, and you are at liberty to visit the site and he is on call, na pia you can change the design or suggest what materials you need.

the catch is as a buyer must have the full amount, ie I normally hold the money and when the project is done, we meet at the office have tea and transfer of funds as they execute relevant documents,

works well with women mostly juu a bond of trust is created na tunapatiwa projects zingine.

Kununua off-plan hii Kenya haina tofauti na kuwekelea bet. A big no-no.