10 REASONS WHY MOMBASA IS BETTER THAN NAIROBI

Have you ever wondered if it was possible to live your dream life? For most people, that life involves sunbathing with their toes in the sand in some tropical island. It involves being able to make a living while enjoying your life to the fullest in a romantic destination. It also involves finding the right blend of culture, weather and neighbors. For most Kenyans, that dream is only a few hundred Kilometers away.

Ask yourself, do you constantly dream of picturesque getaways? Living the ‘tropical island’ life with beautiful weather, surrounded by palm trees swaying in the ocean breeze? Do you want to rub shoulders with gorgeous people who have sun-kissed tans; spend your days in an easy-going place where every single minute feels like a wonderful vacation? Do you think the busy city life is too much for you and that a few years on an exotic island is just what the doctor ordered? If you do, then your next destination should be nowhere else but Mombasa, Kenya. Here are 10 good reasons why Mombasa is better than Nairobi:

1. It’s a tropical paradise!

In Mombasa, you are always surrounded by the ocean. Not only does it present a great view, but it gives you the illusion that you can get away from it all when you want to. That alone should be enough to convince you that Mombasa is a place to be.

1. Wonderful, sunny weather

Being an island by the ocean, Mombasa has amazing weather almost throughout the year. It’s almost always sunny and bright. Although it does get a little hot, the ocean breeze that often blows through the town makes it very comfortable through the day and night.

1. There’s almost no traffic jam!

If there is a curse that plagues any major city, it is the customary gridlock traffic jam. Especially during peak hours and when it rains. Thankfully, however, the city of Mombasa almost never has any traffic jam. And when it does, it clears up almost as soon as it builds up. This means that you can get to wherever you want to go faster and with less frustration.

1. Fresh and delicious seafood

Of course, you would expect nothing less from a coastal city. But what makes Mombasa slightly different from any other coastal city, is that her seafood is prepared with a touch of Swahili culture. We are not sure what it is, but the Swahili can really cook. Maybe it’s the spices, or the different traditional flavors, we don’t know, it just tastes amazing.

1. It’s a great cultural centre

From Fort Jesus to Old Town, Mombasa is immersed in ancient history and culture. Greatly influenced by the Portuguese and the Arabs, the people of Mombasa present a beautiful mix that is not only fascinating for the history buffs, but are also very pleasant to look at.

1. Sustainable living

Mombasa presents the perfect blend between fast-paced city life, and laid-back island living. Whereas other cities are extremely fast and stressful, Mombasa lets you live life at your own pace. She has all the necessary facilities to make her a fast paced city, but also all the beautiful outlets and weather to make her the perfect holiday destination. Here, you can easily find that illusive work-life balance.

1. Vibrant nightlife

Yes, every city has its own outstanding nightlife. What makes Mombasa slightly different is that here, the party almost never ends. The city offers unlimited entertainment options. At any given time, you can always find a restaurant, a bar or a club open. You just have to know where to look.

1. Friendly neighbours

Maybe it’s the fact that Mombasa is a popular tourist destination, or maybe it’s something in the water, but people in Mombasa tend to be more friendly than anywhere else. They are always ready to clarify what they just said since their Swahili and English has that beautiful coastal accent that makes you fall in love with the whole place and everyone in it. They are also always ready to help with directions and recommendations.

1. It’s a romantic city!

From floating restaurants, to secluded beaches and resorts, Mombasa is the perfect destination for romance. Couple the beautiful tropical weather with world-class facilities and you have the perfect location for sweeping someone off their feet.

1. Beautiful and affordable housing:

You only have to drive around Mombasa to see that the houses here are not like your every day houses. They have a little bit of Swahili, Portuguese, English, Arabian and indigenous influence. This makes for a wonderful blend and absolutely stunning structures.

If you have wondered how to go about balancing your work and your life, then maybe you ought to give Mombasa a try. The city simply calls to the child in you.

It’s a gorgeous place that encourages you to live free and to live well…

[ATTACH=full]33016[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]33017[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]33018[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]33017[/ATTACH]

lol between the majority of the population who move like beached whales to hinder EVERYTHING from closing business deals to ordering a simple meal AND the immensely uncomfortable heat, i would pick ANYWHERE but mombasa!

i would even pick the UAE 'cause atleast i would only have to contend with the heat and not a mass of lazy people … [SIZE=1]of course, that would mean giving up my passport and being a sand slav[/SIZE]e … buuuuuuuuuuuut mmmmmmm yeah.

i stay in mombasa for a max of 2 weeks (BECAUSE OF BUSINESS) and then i have to get the fvck out 'cause its 1990 in that bisch and the only good thing about it is the fact that people from other towns/cities/countries came in and made it move about 6KPH faster than a physically disabled snail which had sloth genes spliced into it!

9 Likes

Upuss, Vegas is in the middle of a dry patch in the US yet you can’t compare it with the everglades. We can visit ‘the tropical beach’ but we can’t stand the heat and few rich people.

2 Likes

mm na joto hatupelekani especially usiku wakati wa kulala. So mombasa for me apana tambua.

1 Like

[ATTACH]33027[/ATTACH]

1 Like

@nef…aki hio nimatusi @Meria Mata jibu hayo.

All that hype iuuziwe tourists sio locals.
He has conveniently forgotten to mention the mountains of garbage.

1 Like

hii yako ni noma. uko na ka shida flani na haujui:D:D

Huko enda utalii ama biashara kama ni kuishi heri kwetu aberdares

Mombasa is good for holidays, but alil off for business.

Mombasa is just a shitty town that one passes through on the way to Diani.

1 Like

I am comfortable in a swimming pool but not the ocean. I also dislike the hot and humid weather and salty water. And I saw you mentioned Sun tanned people. Nigga!!! we are in Africa, I am chocolate and so are most Kenyans.

1 Like

Inconvenience ya kuvuka ferry

1 Like

@Mombasa is cool to first timers…
mimi vacation ni island ingine iko south coast @Meria Mata leta jina apa…it is full of dolphines awesome place in kenya

1 Like

Wasini

1 Like

uko hakuna import hawezi kosa kukubali HKM
beautiful place on earth …millionares wanafaa kutembea uko

1 Like