Government to ban hot showers

Okiya

Incoming MCA
#21
I agree with this move. Not too long ago my grandma turned on the shower and flash of electricity came out. Poor grounding like someone said, I’ve seen heaters with wires sticking out. In the presence of water and considering people shower while bare feet, you complete the circuit. Kifo pap!
So you're supporting this move because your grandma was electrocuted? If she accidentally cuts herself while preparing a meal will you call for banning of knives?
 
#23
the power spike inaweza kuwa ukweli.
kabla ya akina Netflix, Britain walikuwa na hii shida pia.
wakati wa commercial break ya popular shows, majamaa 3 million wanaamka kwenda kupika chai na electric kettle.
Kenya power ya huko inapata siiida.

huku majamaa wa kuchungia wanaume pesa kwa bank wanaamkanga 530 na kuingia shower.
alafu tena lunch time, wanaenda lodging wanatombana na kuoga
 

crucial

Village Elder
#25
I agree with this move. Not too long ago my grandma turned on the shower and flash of electricity came out. Poor grounding like someone said, I’ve seen heaters with wires sticking out. In the presence of water and considering people shower while bare feet, you complete the circuit. Kifo pap!
Bare feet or not the trickling water will eventually ground the body. Unfortunately there is no known PPE for these gadgets.
 
D

Deorro

Guest
#26
I agree with this move. Not too long ago my grandma turned on the shower and a flash of electricity came out. Poor grounding like someone said, I’ve seen heaters with wires sticking out. In the presence of water and considering people shower while bare feet, you complete the circuit. Kifo pap!
Ai wewe, who showes while bare footed?
 
#28
So you're supporting this move because your grandma was electrocuted? If she accidentally cuts herself while preparing a meal will you call for banning of knives?
True, there is a risk to everything. I bet more people are killed in road accidents than in shower electrocutions but that doesnt mean vehicles should be banned.

We just need to educate people on the safe use of these things and as someone mentioned here, the government should work on a way to mitigate against the spikes if they are an issue
 

digi

Village Sponsor
#33
I agree with this move. Not too long ago my grandma turned on the shower and a flash of electricity came out. Poor grounding like someone said, I’ve seen heaters with wires sticking out. In the presence of water and considering people shower while bare feet, you complete the circuit. Kifo pap!
Naona umeonekana huku leo
 
#34
Mwanaume ni kuoga maji baridi. Hot water wachieni slayqueens and children. I cannot even turn on the hot water on ibstant showers. Imagine dying with a boner, because that is what happens when you are electrocuted.
 

Karoga

Village Elder
#35
Hizi Ni wiring issues ,nunua mcb yake from the consumer unit na utumie wire ya 2.5 also have good grounding na make sure hiyo earth rod iko mahali iko wet as the dry soil makes it less effective na utakula shock muzuri
 
R

RetiredVirgin

Guest
#40
*** KENYA.
Manze we are sooo petty...sijui nitahamia Ubelgiji lini....***
I am forever ashamed of being Kenyan
 

Top